Members map

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
just added me too, although when i go on the link everything shows up exept for the members map, any ideas
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
malcolmc said:
I'm using IE6, the following worked for me.
Right click on the animated disk, deselect loop, select play.

Good luck..
sorry i dont understand
leon

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
leon-b said:
sorry i dont understand
leon
Leon-b,

Sorry, I’ll go into more detail though I can only say how it worked for me.

I’m using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer Version 6, this may not work for other internet browsers.

When accessing the map from the link in Zammo’s post (#2) the map did not load. In its place I observed a small orange/red disk which was animated to appear as if it’s rotating. If you are using a standard mouse set up for a right-handed person single clicking the right button will give you a list of the options available to you. When I placed the mouse pointer over the small animated disk and right clicked the mouse I could see the ‘loop’ option was selected (it had a check mark against it) and that the ‘play’ option was not active (no check mark). By placing the mouse pointer over the ‘loop’ option in the list and clicking with the left mouse button I deselected the ‘loop’ option (check mark disappears). Next I placed the mouse pointer over the ‘play’ option in the list and again clicked with the left mouse button to select it (check mark appears) and low, the map appeared.

Good luck again. :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i am using aol 9.0 and when i follow the link it doesnt show the map it doesnt even show the small orange disk
leon

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Zammo thanks for starting up that little map, cool idea. I've added myself to it. (Im the marker in Cornwall!).

I would recommend to anyone to use Firefox for their choice of Internet Browser. Firefox is freely avaliable to all, it is faster and more secure than Internet Explorer and it also has a "Tabbed browsing " feature that allows you to open new windows in tabs, instead of opening more windows on your taskbar. You can get Firefox free at www.getfirefox.com

B

bushyboo

Hi Zammo
just seen your map and thought i would add myself to it
im up in edinburgh

cheers
Gordon

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
leon-b said:
i am using aol 9.0 and when i follow the link it doesnt show the map it doesnt even show the small orange disk
leon

AOL's inbuilt browser is notoriously bad, try and disable it and use Firefox or even internet explorer.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I've just been messing with the map configuration and have changed it to a satellite view.

I think you should be able to minimize AOL's browser and use a normal internet browser. Also the map uses Flash so you need that installed on your PC.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
even if i go to the same site in my internet explorer it still doent work
leon

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
This a great idea. But with IE6 I seem to be getting problems adding myself. It seems fixed on me living in central london and would not take the exact Lat and Long

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
leon-b said:
even if i go to the same site in my internet explorer it still doent work
leon

Have you got Macromedia Flash installed on your PC? If not your need it to view the map.

torjusg said:
Added myself, but it seems like I am off the main view of the map.

I have altered the start view of the map, so now it shows alot more.

I've also changed the colours of the site to try and match those on here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE