medicinal plants?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
while out with my daughter just now, i recognised five or six edibles. but then i got to thinking, 'what medicinal plants are there that are common?' (probably because ive got a sniffy nose.....:rolleyes:) anybody know of easily identifiable, common medicinal plants?

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Doc leaf for nettle stings, worked like magic when i was younger and came off my bike into an overgrown path of nettles wearing tshirt and shorts.

Tonyuk

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I think if I was only allowed to carry one native herb/medicinal plant in my pouch it would have to be Yarrow (knight's milfoil, soldiers woundwort) in its various forms and concoctions.

D.B.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
nettles, dandelion, daisy, plantain - greater or ribwort, dock - I would think just about everyone will know these and they tend to grow virtually anywhere. Remember lots of the wild edibles you already know will also have medicinal properties - so for just a little research you can double up the value of species you already know.
Check out these books - Wild Drugs, Hedgerow Medicine - both accessible and a good place to start you off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE