Mears and Spyderco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I have to say that is not something I'd be interested in. Spyderco make great knives and any of their flat ground folders would be a far more usuable tool than this.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I don't like it!
Can't beat the Paramilitary IMO.
I was hoping that they were going to make an affordable Woodlore knife.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Spyderco and Uncle Ray collaboration. I can't get any better :dancer: Been looking forward to this since it was leaked in the catalogue some months back.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Handle looks way too angular on the edges to be comfortable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Often find my self defending the spyderco look and I love my ukpk but.. That is ugly. Not even fugly just boring ugly. Reminds me of one of the cheaper bench made knives.
Add to that its probably gonna be a million quid.
If it were a slipjoint it might have something different about it but there are far prettier lockers out there.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I am surprised at 2 things here, the handle design, and the fact that they have gone with S30V steel on a scandi grind knife after what happened with the Nilakka.

I would like to be proved wrong on the handle front, it may well be more comfortable, and practical than it looks.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I don't think ergonomics will be anything to worry about. Usability and ergonomics are something Spyderco excel in. Yeah, they're ugly, but form always comes second place to function with them.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Been discussed already in [thread=136711]this thread[/thread].

Can't say it is a knife I like the look of, nor do I expect I would be able to afford it any time soon.

Personally the spyderco hole in each knife is something I don't like, it just looks to me like a place for gunk to collect... my leatherman wave has a slot that goes through it for your nail, and I have to degunk it frequently, especially if I've used it to slice cheese...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE