me and my dawg

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I have so got to get me one of these :lmao:

385623_430142343713881_1490910423_n.jpg

Cheers,

Shaggy

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Nice dogs, personally I don't agree with the ear cropping.

I'm with you on that one to be honest, amusement at a real life scooby doo got in the way of sense there for a second I think :)

OMG, what breed is that? :)
Atb
Ben

Sent using the force

It's a great dane Ben, they're great lolloping gentle things. I have friend who breads a litter or two most years and they have the funniest puppies imaginable, they set off running like cartoon dogs, three or four steps making absolutely no progress whatsoever, kinda like a car wheelspinning, and then off like a rocket. Unfortunately like all big dogs they're only very short lived, i think 6 or 7's a good age for a great dane. Not the kind of heartache I'd choose to get involved with at all, I have a medium sized mongrel, he'll outlive me :)

Cheers,

Stuart

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A guy I used to work with was a breeder, they lived in a tiny bungalow with at least half a dozen of those beasties running about the place.

If you sat on his sofa you'd get two of them jump on your lap straight away, big dogs too so you couldn't say no to them.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
....If you sat on his sofa you'd get two of them jump on your lap straight away, big dogs too so you couldn't say no to them.

my mate's danes will get you in the hallway, one standing in front of your knees, and one behind whilst the sprockers and the lab lick you to within an inch of your life. there's nothing, nothing at all, that you can do, just wait 'til they've done with you and then crawl away somewhere nice and quiet for a little sob :)

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
I used to frequent a pub in Liverpool where the landlord would let his one male & 3 female great danes into the bar after last orders - sounded like the start of the grand national as they all pounded down the hall towards the bar. Certainly cleared soem lingering customers out, those of us who knew them would stay and be slobbered on.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Used to have a Great Dane - all black. Used to put his paws on my shoulders and look down at me....

Interestingly, you shouldn't exercise them much when young, as their leg-bones are so soft (or so the vet said!). Lovely dog though. Our eldest had just started to walk at the time, and could walk underneath him without touching!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE