Maxpedition Gear - thoughts?

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
In the last 30 odd years I’ve had canvas and bamboo pack's, x Army, Karrimor, Berghaus, Snugpack and others and IMHO maxpidition are the best by a country mile, Expensive yes but everything is expensive and overpriced these days, you pay's your money and you take your pick.

Jun 15, 2012
Sweden
I have a handful or two of maxpedition stuff, and 99% has been great quality. Had one push button and one zipper non-functioning out of box. I think it's good gear for the money. If you rerally want to go high roller: check out Kifaru's gear! Haven't tried, but looks niiiice.

Mat

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I have the Condor 2 backpack, the LEO versipack and one of their waistpacks, as well as a few smaller items. I don't mind the price as I think it is refelected in the quality of the items.

The LEO versipack I bought second hand online and have been using it as a general hunting pack for some time now. Despite being dragged through bushes, briars, muck and forests, with a quick wipe of a cloth it looks brand new again. The Condor 2 is my everyday bag for 3 years now, and again, it still looks new. I've used it for everything from hiking to foreign hunting trips in sub zero conditions and it has performed perfectly.

I know a lot of Maxpedition stuff is copied and counterfeited, particularly from online suppliers, so some of us may have fallen victim to this. From my own experience, I would rate them as extremely hard use gear. I have yet to find another bag that will hold up as well as the Maxpedition gear has done.

With regards to comfort, they are not as adjustable as a rucksack style bag, with internal frame, etc. I don't think they are trying to compete in this market so I don't see that as a downside.

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
I bought the versipack jumbo to use as an EDC and was impressed with it so much I bought a sabercat, 10x4 bottle holder, janus pouch, small pocket organizer, large pocket organizer, M5 waist pack etc. Think i may have an obsession better hope the wife never finds out how much I spent. The quality of everything has been top notch.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Lol I agree mate I bought the Condor II then went nuts with the pouches, I actually have way to many lmfao! When you add up the pack and pouches its insane, think I spent about £250ish and just had the FR-1 delivered! Thats alot for a 32L pack!!

I have to agree though the quality is superb and I actually find the pack quite comfortable!!

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
They're taking the mickey with some of their products though. Their "Combat Admin Pouch" for example.

When you absolutely have to do this fiscal quarter's accounts on a battlefield, accept no less.

I have visions of office workers doing tactical rolls past the water cooler.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE