Mastino P2 Bushshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
After 32K views and over 518 replies on the old post (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50491) I thought it would be better to start a fresh one to keep things clear.

Okay - old list - new bushshirt - links to latest info to follow. I'll use this first posting as the place where all updated info can be referrred to so you don't have to trawl through the postings looking for info. If you give us a mo I'll get this info on here.

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2465

The list below is the old one - however in the first 10 we have some who already have had theirs and am unclear as to the situation on the deposits as some have been refunded or transferred. So I hope I can get some up to date information. If you are on the list below can you PM me and confirm if you want to remain on the list or to drop off. If you get PM'd when its your turn and you have not replied you will get passed over.

*update*
  • Will do everything in fairly quick-fire in batches of ten (at least initially).
  • Those marked in red need to reconfirm of will be passed over - PM me to reconfirm and check you have been updated on the list in a day or two.
  • Those in bold/black are re-confirmed and will be next on the list unless more re-confirm higher up the list.
  • Those in grey are off the list
  • The first batch of 10 is to go into production as soon as possible. I have been given a deadline of the 28th Sept to have a list of 10 all with sizes confirmed.
  • The sizing will be as per the Arktis DanCam smocks - link will be provided to me and I will post this up so you can decide on sizing.
  • Bespoking will take longer and cost more - contact Kev for more details - but they will be well spec'd already

Sizing (I think) - Kev will confirm if this is right.

Size cms / inches
Small: 91-96 / 36-38
Medium: 101-106 / 40-42
Large: 112-117 / 44-46
X Large: 122-127 / 48-50
XX Large: 132-137 / 52-54

Thanks

LBL

1 Mesquite - done/complete
2 korvin karbon (deposit paid) - tbc on status from Kev
3 techworm - (deposit paid) - awaiting re-confirmation
4 TeeDee - done/complete
5 welshwhit - done/complete

6 lewiman201 - (deposit paid) - awaiting re-confirmation
7 BushEd - (deposit paid) - awaiting re-confirmation

8 coln18 (re-confirmed) (deposit paid) - (XL)
9 Leonidas (re-confirmed) (deposit paid) - (XL)
10 Pepperana (re-confirmed) (deposit paid) - check

11 verloc
12 Torak (cancelled)
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu (cancelled)
15 sasquatch - confirmed
16 The Cumbrian - confirmed
17 bushcraftsman
18 Pandabean - confirmed (small)
19 MikeE
20 calibanzwei
21 Tetley
22 Melonfish
23 kpmoloney

24 Littlebiglane (confirmed, deposit paid)
25 kawasemi (confirmed)
26 HarryHawk (confirmed)
27 Goatboy
28 Chrisj (confrimed)
29 deepforest2501
30 Cliv (confirmed)
31 Peterlee_Paddler
32 Northsky
33 Smokoe
34 Treadlightly (cancelled)
35 Enzo
36 OliveDrabnotDPM

37 Mike8472 (cancelled)
38 HillBill
39 hiraeth (confirmed, xxl)
40 stickbow
41 kimba (confirmed)
42 rawshak
43 redneck

44 Atross (cancelled)
45 widu13 (confirmed + size L)
46 garybeaver (confirmed)
47 Dutchdave
48 Trunks
49 nickg
50 pinerevolver

Reserve list:
51: jimjolli (confirmed)
52: VirusKiller (confirmed)
53: dave53 (confirmed)
54: mrcairney (cancelled)
55: DUCky (confirmed)
56: luckylee (confirmed)
57: RichardIT (confirmed)
58: Twodogs (confirmed)
59: Mafro (confirmed)
60: Scoman - (confirmed - Large)
61: Born Slippy (confirmed)

62: Stringmaker - (confirmed) Medium

Last edited:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Ummmm Dutch Army Wool ones? I only know them as the super-weight super quality ones that I have. Few are better quality and as thick. There is a little variation between them (slightly different manufacturers) and some are heavier than others but all are 'heavy".

This is a Q&A posting from Endy's:
"There are 7 types of Dutch Wool / Woollen Military Blanket. The Sample was made from the softest version. We have all variations 'to hand' so we'll mix them up for stock depending on a percentage of needs."

"The two main Blankets for our purposes are the AABE variety. The first patt which is very dense (white label with red writing) and the later - lovely loft - which has a White label with black writing difficult to explain the exact diff unless you ‘handle’ them."

For what it is worth I have both of these AABE blankets and once is very dense - almost has a felt-like quality - but quite 'stiff' and might not drape aswell I would think. The other is still very thick but is softer to the touch and more flexible. I can't honestly tell you which one would be better - one might be more wind / weather resistant, one slightly warmer and more comfortable or look better. But I might be giving you mis-information here as I have never worn either blanket - I use them as carpets/rugs in my Tentipi!

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Was meant to be next on list. deposit paid. gave kev my sizes a year ago, told i would have my shirt within weeks, then nothing for the past year. so hopefully will get pm soon to tell me its ready.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
In case any of you have not visited the Endicotts page , I'm taking the liberty of posting up his extensive Q&A's here. Always worth looking at his page direct in case he updates anything.

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2466

"
NOW for some further clarification. I've taken a look at the BCUK / GB Section and have picked some key / relevant questions / queries from some members.
OK, here we go.........
Leonidas: "Would be great to receive it in time for Christmas!!"
K: Yep, sure will. Father Christmas should have a full sack !!
treadlightly: "Talking to Kev at the Wilderness Gathering, he said he expects a production run of 50 to take place this autumn."
K: Yep, it's looking as good as hoped. It was good to meet you treadlightly. How are the Socks !!
sasquatch: "Don't tease me! I'm 15 on the list and would happily give my left nut for one of these!"
K: errr, OK. But some folding stuff will be fine !!
mesquite: "Only thing about the display model is the blanket material seems lighter that my version but the build quality was very good"
K: There are 7 types of Dutch Wool / Woollen Military Blanket. The Sample was made from the softest version. We have all variations 'to hand' so we'll mix them up for stock depending on a percentage of needs.
Corso: "hmmm interesting i thought Arktis we getting their stuff made overseas these days?"
K: Correct / Semi correct. I'm sure they get a % of their stock made overseas (not unusual) but would not wish to comment further on this. The MASTINO P2's will be made in EXETER though. And I will be watching !!
Chrisj: "So will those of us that have been waiting on this group buy list since the start get first chance on this production run or will it just be going into the shop and on his website? If it just goes into the shop then I can see it flying out so it would be useful to know if we need to keep an eye on the shop and get it there quick. I assume if arktis are doing a production run of 50 there will be no options on this just a standard spec and just standard sizes rather than made to measure like the first few." K: Good question Chris. Basically we'll regenerate the original list, some will naturally drop out and #51 onwards will take their place. I'm in comms with LBL and he can hopefully help on this . Re Specs etc, obviously we will have to go with Arktis on this. It will need to be simplified BUT we, ENDYS, will be able to take care of any bespoke finishing. More on this as we move forward.
widu13: "IF it happens I'll happily test it during my Arctic course next year."
K: re "IF", as my Dad used to say: "Have faith. Like a mustard seed" !! I think I know what he meant !! Seriously though, I sincerely hope this does progress smoothly and look forward to seeing a MASTINO in the Arctic !! I only managed my front lawn in 3" of the white stuff !! Worked well though !!
Twodogs: "Me thinks people are waiting for a price"
K: Hi Cliff !! Me thinks so too !! I'll have more detailed info on this very soon, but basically I'll have to pay Arktis a professional rate but all of ENDYS work (labour) will be done totally 'at cost' ensuring we end up with ENDY-Value per our Fair Price Policy.
coln18: "Glad to hear i am going to get my shirt - finally, i got a call last october/november from kev asking for my sizes and telling me i should have it in a matter of weeks, a year has gone by and to tell you the truth, i had kind of given up all hope of this happening.

Best be that i get my shirt first or at least before Tom hehehe..in all seriousness looking forward to this before the Scottish winter kicks in......"

K: Hi Col, yes apologies for the delay. The chain just started to break down with Peggy and everything was on hold. It was difficult to know what to do. Drop everything ? Hold fire ? Do a runner ? Forget all about it ? Hide in a cardboard box !! Seriously though, I really appreciate the patience shown by all members of The Forum . You all deserve medals !! Forward on.........
Boreas: "Very excited to see this moving forward. I've been following this thread from the start :). looking forward to hearing from Endicotts on this.

To avoid confusion, I'm on the list as kpmoloney at 23. I had my forum handle changed to match my handle on bushcraftusa."
K: Yep, me too. Excited. Very !! And all over a bit of wool !! What a great bunch you are !!
squirrel.jpg
(there's a squirrel)

Updated: 15 09 2011
sasquatch:"I still have one burning question Kev;

Will you be getting measurements off us for these as per the original batch or is it going to be more of a small, medium or large type of production run?

Actually two questions for you;

If you have all 7 grades any chance of a thicker grade if requested until they run out? I'd love one to be made from the same blanket I have on my bed, it's lush!"

K: Hi sasquatch !! Q1: We'll need to simplify a little as the Patterns will be cut per the Smocks we had earlier in the year. The 'cut' is excellent and suits most body forms (!) but I'm sure that with some thought we can talk re 'tweaks'.
Q2: Again with some forethought the same Blanket material could be selected. Send me a pic of the label in the corner of your Blanket.
P.S I have a nut allergy !! Cash is king !!
Now I hope this little 'session' helps to clarify what is happening / will happen. If there are any other things which need to be made clear do drop me A LINE.
Obviously I'm really looking forward to seeing this one out and would like to reiterate my thanks for the patience shown with myself and ENDYS.
Hopefully we'll all come out smiling. And warm !!
My best.
Kevin"

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks Teedee for posting and thanks Kev for the reply! The blanket I have has a white label with the AaBe in red and the blanket is thick but soft. Hope this helps, I'm really looking forward to this! Cheers, Chad

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
NO no no no no,,,,,dorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go on then :), man I feel the cold lately :rolleyes:

1 Mesquite - done
2 korvin karbon (confirmed) (deposit paid)
3 techworm (confirmed) (deposit paid)
4 TeeDee - done
5 welshwhit (confirmed) (deposit paid)
6 lewiman201 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
7 BushEd (confirmed) (deposit paid)
8 coln18 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
9 Leonidas (confirmed) (deposit paid) - check
10 Pepperana (confirmed) (deposit paid)
11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu
15 sasquatch - confirmed
17 bushcraftsman
18 Pandabean
19 MikeE
20 calibanzwei
21 Tetley
22 Melonfish
23 kpmoloney
25 kawasemi
26 HarryHawk (confirmed)
27 Goatboy
28 Chrisj (confrimed)
29 deepforest2501
30 Cliv (confirmed)
31 Peterlee_Paddler
32 Northsky
33 Smokoe
34 Treadlightly
35 Enzo
36 OliveDrabnotDPM
37 Mike8472 (confirmed)
38 HillBill
39 hiraeth
40 stickbow
41 kimba
42 rawshak
43 redneck
44 Atross
45 widu13
47 Dutchdave
48 Trunks
49 nickg
50 pinerevolver

Reserve list:
51: jimjolli
53: dave53
54: mrcairney
55: DUCky
56: luckylee.
57: RichardIT
58; Twodogs

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Hi

I am going to have to remove myself from the list, this was pre baby, wife would kill me now!

1 Mesquite - done
4 TeeDee - done
8 coln18 (confirmed) (deposit paid) - check
10 Pepperana (confirmed) (deposit paid) - check
11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu
15 sasquatch - confirmed
17 bushcraftsman
18 Pandabean
19 MikeE
20 calibanzwei
21 Tetley
22 Melonfish
23 kpmoloney
25 kawasemi
26 HarryHawk (confirmed)
27 Goatboy
28 Chrisj (confrimed)
29 deepforest2501
30 Cliv (confirmed)
31 Peterlee_Paddler
32 Northsky
33 Smokoe
34 Treadlightly
35 Enzo
36 OliveDrabnotDPM
37 Mike8472 (confirmed)
38 HillBill
39 hiraeth
40 stickbow
41 kimba
42 rawshak
43 redneck
44 Atross (Removed)
45 widu13
47 Dutchdave
48 Trunks
49 nickg
50 pinerevolver

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Im off the reserve I need to save cash for a mega road trip , I must resist the hype ,,,

1 Mesquite - done
4 TeeDee - done
11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu
15 sasquatch - confirmed
17 bushcraftsman
18 Pandabean
19 MikeE
20 calibanzwei
21 Tetley
22 Melonfish
23 kpmoloney
25 kawasemi
26 HarryHawk (confirmed)
27 Goatboy
28 Chrisj (confrimed)
29 deepforest2501
30 Cliv (confirmed)
31 Peterlee_Paddler
32 Northsky
33 Smokoe
34 Treadlightly
35 Enzo
36 OliveDrabnotDPM
37 Mike8472 (confirmed)
38 HillBill
39 hiraeth
40 stickbow
41 kimba
42 rawshak
43 redneck
44 Atross, ( removed )
45 widu13
47 Dutchdave
48 Trunks
49 nickg
50 pinerevolver

Reserve list:

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
1 Mesquite - done
4 TeeDee - done
11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu
15 sasquatch - confirmed
17 bushcraftsman
18 Pandabean
19 MikeE
20 calibanzwei
21 Tetley
22 Melonfish
23 kpmoloney
25 kawasemi
26 HarryHawk (confirmed)
27 Goatboy
28 Chrisj (confrimed)
29 deepforest2501
30 Cliv (confirmed)
31 Peterlee_Paddler
32 Northsky
33 Smokoe
34 Treadlightly
35 Enzo
36 OliveDrabnotDPM
37 Mike8472 (confirmed)
38 HillBill
39 hiraeth
40 stickbow
41 kimba
42 rawshak
43 redneck
44 Atross, ( removed )
45 widu13
47 Dutchdave
48 Trunks
49 nickg
50 pinerevolver

Reserve list:
58: Mafro

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
*upate*
  • Will do everything, fairly quick-fire in batches of ten (at least initially).
  • Those marked in red need to reconfirm of will be passed over - PM me to reconfirm and check you have been updated on the list in a day or two.
  • Those in bold/black are re-confirmed and will be next on the list unless more re-confirm higher up the list.
  • Those in grey are off the list
  • The first batch of 10 is to go into production as soon as possible. I have been given a deadline of the 28th Sept to have a list of 10 all with sizes confirmed.
  • The sizing will be as per the Arktis DanCam smocks - link will be provided to me and I will post this up so you can decide on sizing.
  • Bespoking will take longer and cost more - contact Kev for more details - but they will be well spec'd already

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE