Massive jellyfish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
Here's the boy and I examining a rather large jellyfish we found on the beach yesterday.
He was just as interested as I was :)

yqese7y3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Went to scotland when i was little and the beach was littered with them all the kids were poking them with sticks haha

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
Ah ok, I've been meaning to pay the Dungeness area a visit again its not far from me really, i quite like the strange vibe the place has to it.

I think you are right about it being a moon jellyfish, the one you found looks quite similar to my one and on the second picture you can just about pick out the four semi circular rings in the middle. Looks like they are quite common in our seas but nice to get a close look at them :)

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
Went to scotland when i was little and the beach was littered with them all the kids were poking them with sticks haha

when we found our one i wasn't too sure if it was a stinger species or not so it also got poked with a stick a lot too, the fate of all weird looking dead creatures i imagine lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE