Maple Handled WS Woodlore

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just had to note that I could have had it, I want it, I can afford it......but I want to respect Ark Angels wishes and I have a very good knife so lets let this go to someone who will use it hard.....

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Jon Pickett said:
I am surprised its not sold yet............
I'm not. There's an AW on Ebay for BIN £395. That's only £20 difference. Or am I missing something?

I'm saying nothing else to take this classified thread off topic.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
scanker said:
I'm not. There's an AW on Ebay for BIN £395. That's only £20 difference. Or am I missing something?

I'm saying nothing else to take this classified thread off topic.

Nope you are missing nothing.. totally agree.. ;)

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
As i put in post number 6 (then edited it!! :eek: ) my logic was as follows:

I fully realise and appreciate that the WS blades are not worth as much as an AW. But i was offering mine with 2 sheaths, 2 fireflashes and a diamond stone.

The total cost for me to buy was £285. If i sold it for between £375-£350 (and i was flexible on the price) i would have made between £65-£90 out of it.

Assuming the seller of the one on e-bay gets his asking price, he will have paid about £200 for his (assuming he bought it from Woodlore) that will be a clear profit of £195 nearly double his money.

I know that's what they're going for, but i have also seen micarta handled WS go for nearly the same price as an AW and around the time Woodlore stopped selling them they went for £85 :eek: over 4 times what they were originally offered at.

It may have seemed greedy and i can see where people are coming from.

The interest off forum has declined the offer saying "it's too nice to use" :banghead: so i have given up. My mora will stay at the back of the cuboard. The woodie will go everywhere with me and get the hammer it deserves. I will use it until it wears out (or i wear out, which i think will be more the case :lmao: )

Anyhowz those were my reasons folks, if you still wish to hang me out to dry please feel free to do so as a money grabbing so and so.

You can't please everyone all the time :D
PS. no offence meant or taken by this post :)

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hurrah! - give it a hammering and use it til it gives up - that's what it was designed for - it's yours to do with what you like with and you are entitled to change your mind if you haven't entered into a contract with someone.

Nice to see an unattainable blade being used instead of being consigned to life as a trouser-queen ..... er that should be drawer queen lol :lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think its perfectly reasonable to at least recover your money on the knife AA and in the current climate a small profit was, in my opinion, not unreasonable. I would still love the knife and I still want it, but I can't quite talk myself into it as I would never use the neck sheath. Enjoy it - and use the lumps out of it (and call me first when you get hard up :))

Red

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Well good to see you changed your mind, arkangel!

Yeah I cant help but agree with british red. Something puts me off about neck sheaths. The fact that I walk along the south downs all the time, taking spills because of rabbit holes n loose soil, I cant help but imagin falling over on my chest (iv never fallen on my chest before!) and the sheath jabbing my sternum or even worse the knife! Its nasty...I always tie a bitta string to my F1 sheath belt loop n tuck it in my pocket n keep any other crud in my old '38 pattern webbing kidney pack.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I suppose it depends how you use neck sheaths.

I for one would not be happy to wear it round my neck like a chain.

I use a long double thickness peice of paracord, using the "guy rope" adjustable knot i then sling it over one shoulder almost like you would wear a stachel or seatbelt. The knife then ends up around my kidneys somewhere. I find this much more comfortable.
It's also useful to wear it like that under a fleece or other peice of clothing as it can't be seen.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I used to do that with a Frosts knife, but it wasnt really a suitable method for wearing over a t-shirt, especially when bouncing up and down off my lard belly. The cord chafes a bit too. I just wouldnt like it dangling in my concience - say for instance if I went into a filling station for a drink in peak summer...

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I wonder how did you put the cord through your sheath sharp?

I tie one end to the "leg strap" hole in the bottom of the sheath, and then attach the other using the slip knot at the point just below the fireflash hole.

This sort of puts the sheath "in line" with the cord. I find it doesn't move at all, a very secure arrangment. I actually prefer this to a belt sheath as i can quickly move the sheath round to withdraw or replace the knife and not struggle putting a razor sharp knife back in a sheath round the back of me somewhere where i don't have a clear view of it. It doesn't bounce or go anywhere near my lardy belly :lmao:

That my 2p's worth anyway, It's not everyone's cup of pine needle tea :D

And if i am anywhere near habitation/civilisation my knife goes in my rucksack well out of the way.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Im afraid my method was a bit more crude than yours lol I just put doubled up para cord through the belt loop and tied it off tightly with a 'granny knot' - stuck it over my neck, and put my arm through the loop. I thought putting it through the belt loop as apposed to anywhere else, would let gravity hold it down more. But you still get flapping with it though.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Thats what I like about the 'dangle sheaths' though - they sit lower on your leg, so they tuck into your pocket nicely. No more flapping around, securely in a pair of dutch green comabat jobbies. Its surprisingly more comftorble than you'd think. Afterall you dont carry a knife in bushcraft to look like a 'big n*b' - its function over looks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE