Maker rules

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'd like to see the prices and rules for a dealers section, definately... I don't think it'd be a viable market for us tbh but to be able to have the web page link as a (neat and unobtrusive) signature would allow folk to have a look at our stock. I like your 'win:win:win' analogy very much and keeping the forum non-commercial is laudable:)

I think there's lots of folk who do trade in related goods which would be a huge benefit to all to involve- although a couple I've asked about trading have said that they like to keep their business and pleasure separate. I suppose it comes down to the difficulties in administering different rates of sale etc, a tough call and one of many we all present Tony and the long suffering admins with :rolleyes:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'm going to own up as to not understanding the maker rules until now, having just read them properly it looks like I have flouted the rules by selling some scotch augers.
A big sorry from me for not acquainting myself about the selling rules, I will pull the others from sale.
The reason that I took up as a maker was because a few people approached me asking for knives that I had made, it seemed the best thing to do, also one of the other makers said to me it would be a good idea, he was right.

I hope you didn't think I was pointing the finger at you? Given you were a maker I thought (until it was clarified) you were within your rights too.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I thought (until it was clarified) you were within your rights too.

So did I, cant see in all honesty if what Hugo did with the augers is any different to what other people do with stuff they buy in job lots and/or get from boot markets and then sell on in the Members Classified section?.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
So did I, cant see in all honesty if what Hugo did with the augers is any different to what other people do with stuff they buy in job lots and/or get from boot markets and then sell on in the Members Classified section?.

Yup! 100% agree with that, to me they are traders, not selling their own second hand stuff that they no longer use, bit some one going to a house clearance or being rag an bone man and selling the stuff on here, in my mind they should be A trader.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hello Ahjno,
Firstly Can I apologize for my error?
Having looked for my item for sale, I find that my post was deleted.
I have had no other correspondence regarding it.
I must be honest and say (until now) I have never read the rules on selling items as I don't consider myself a seller.
In the seven years I have been a member, this is only the first time I have sold an item I have made. So with that in mind although you have rules for sellers I don't consider myself a seller.
For the price I was selling the two items for, and the price it would cost me to subscribe to makers market It would not be worth subscribing to, this is why I don't consider being a maker.
Two items I have made in seven years classes me as a maker.
Please can you be so kind as to tell me where do I stand now? with answering the following:
I have one saw left that I have made; can I sell it on this site? If not I will put it on an auction site.
If the answer to #1 is yes, then under what section of the forum can I sell it?
If no, why.
Does my privilege of full member status be revoked?
What happens next?
I hope you don’t read this post in a negative manner; it is purely to make sure I don’t fall foul of your rules.
In my defence I was not deliberately trying to break any rules.
Thanks for your kind reply.
Bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE