Make your own flashlight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Read about how you could make your own flash ligt, it was so easy to do that I thought I share it with you here.

You will need
1 Beer can
1 Candle

Just cut off one side of the can and a small opening on the other. Then cut off the one of the ends (best is to cut off the drinking end). Put in a candle where you made the X cut and light the candle and voila you have a flashlight.

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
I used to do something similar at festivals. You could buy "garden candles" several layers of string wrapped around a bamboo stick, then dipped in wax. An empty beer can had the end removed and a window cut into the side. This was placed over the candle, making it weather proof.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Not a torch but an idea using both candles and coke cans

Cut the top of the coke can.

Place a wick in it and around the wick place some ice cubes

The fill the can with hot melted wax and when it cools you cut away the can and you have trendy candle. The ice melts and it looks like the cheese with holes.

Try using different shaped ice cubes and food colourings in the wax to imporve the look.

Great fun with kids and adults alike.

james

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE