Make , test & store your own pectin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I know there are a few jam, marmalade and jelly makers on the forum so I thought I would share tonight's video. In this we share how we make, test and store home made pectin with no special tools or complicated recipe

Reactions: Nomad64

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
What is the variety of crab you have grown? They look very similar to the variety that my neighbour had before they cut the tree down. I used to make a lovely crab apple jelly from them. Been thinking of getting a tree for my garden but didn't know the name of the variety they had. It was such a shame to loose it, but I just couldn't persuade them to keep it.

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What is the variety of crab you have grown? They look very similar to the variety that my neighbour had before they cut the tree down. I used to make a lovely crab apple jelly from them. Been thinking of getting a tree for my garden but didn't know the name of the variety they had. It was such a shame to loose it, but I just couldn't persuade them to keep it.
Fairly sure its the weeping cultivar of Red Jade

(Malus × scheideckeri Red Jade)

I'm currently preparing coppice stools of MM106 to serve the dual purpose of pollination and providing future rootstocks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE