Made a camp chair stand

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Yesterday I knocked up a support for my camping chair to stop it sinking, I've been using tennis balls on the feet since I first bought the chair a couple of years ago., They work great, but I want the space the 4 balls take up in my pack.

I made it out of some 600D canvas I had. No measuring, I just marked where the feet sit, drew a square and cut around it with enough to sew a hem.

iUuIPSd.jpg

That's the under side, you can see the diagonal where I sewed and glued on a piece to reinforce it.

2dar1iN.jpg

The top half, I sewed triangles for the legs to grip onto in each corner.

Yes I know my little cheap sewing machines tension was miles off, it was set to much thinner material, doesn't really matter as this will take a beating anyway.

hCyZche.jpg

Holds it tightly. I'm happy with it, it'll also easily fit in the bag with the chair, the balls wouldn't.

But today I saw I had enough off cuts of some 4oz a yard ripstop to try it out of that, so basically made the same thing again. Interesting if its strong enough.

cGv5iOW.jpg

azmqKNs.jpg

I used the button stitch to do a strong zig-zag stitch on each corner for extra strength as the 3 settings of zig-zags my machine has aren't as tight as the button setting.

ZXYxPQl.jpg

Rolls down to nothing too!

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.