Day Out Machynys Range

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Normally I would never reveal the location of a wild camp however this place is a bit of an open secret for Llanelli locals and well documented by the zombie loving post-apocalyptic community. Being located on a spit of land just behind a golf course just off the coastal path and scarcely above sea level. bing map link

Frequented by the occasional dog walker with evidence of at least one homeless person in residence recently. Several stone fire circles on the rocky ground to seaward strangely devoid of beer cans and the usual party going detritus. Inside the sheltered portion of the abandoned rifle range was another story, cans, bottles and disposable bar-b-queue's in abundance. Good foraging for driftwood on the shoreline and as the whole area is tidal then fishing is probably not bad either. Whilst woefully short of tree cover the gorse makes an effective wind break and the ground is covered in a lush mat of thick grass and soft moss. Alas no good freshwater source on site though rain does collect the surface in one area, however a quick taste taste reveals some salt contamination. Good enough for washing feet, pots and food prep but less so for drinking.

Definitely on my To-Do list for a quick overnighter when the warmer weather returns. This afternoon the breeze was so cold it was sucking the power out of my camera batteries.
DSCN6849.JPG DSCN6846.JPG DSCN6845.JPG

Jackroadkill

Forager
Nov 21, 2016
Newtown, Powys
Can you actually camp here with a reasonable chance of remaining undisturbed, or are you likely to wake up and find your feet being widdled on by guffawing Neds?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
As with all wild camping there are never any truly good places only choices between poor ones. Pitch-late and Pack-up early. The worst you should hopefully get is some harsh tutting from a dog walker. There is also a small sheltered area near one of the ranges surrounded by gorse that provides some level of concealment.

Reactions: Jackroadkill

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
No, site is long abandoned and not in active use. So no access restrictions, warning flags or irate Corporals frothing at the mouth to watch out for.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Winter may well be the best time to overnight. Much less chance of noisy beer can littering neighbours..... lol

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

greenshooots

Nomad
Oct 18, 2007
s.wales
No, site is long abandoned and not in active use. So no access restrictions, warning flags or irate Corporals frothing at the mouth to watch out for.

pity im looking for a 100yds range

greenshoots

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE