Machete group buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Found this at the market today.

Nov18634.jpg
[/IMG]

its got a 460mm steel blade, made by a company called silverline.

Its cheap and cheerful, doesnt look a bad thing for the money, and I have no doubt theres room for improvement and experimentation.

The stall man says they go like hot cakes.

They cost £5, I havent worked out what post will be.

Anyone interested?

Tengu said:
Found this at the market today.

Nov18634.jpg
[/IMG]

its got a 460mm steel blade, made by a company called silverline.

Its cheap and cheerful, doesnt look a bad thing for the money, and I have no doubt theres room for improvement and experimentation.

The stall man says they go like hot cakes.

They cost £5, I havent worked out what post will be.

Anyone interested?

As a group buy how many do you have to offer?

Phil.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Bigman, I checked their site (thanks for the heads up...well worth knowing) and they only sell trade.

But its got a lifetime garuntee....

too much kit, I can buy as many as I want.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I would stay away from something that cheap - things like this are usually defective or can become dangerous through poor construction. A martindale army machete costs about £15 and would probably, without seeing how a silverline peforms, be the better option.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I've got one which looks pretty similar made by Tramontina (Brazil) which has served me pretty well for the last 12 years or so clearing rides, rhodedendrons etc..... :)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I have a silverline machete I picked up at a local hardware store for £5, they're not too great at holding an edge but for a fiver I did'nt really expect it to. Apart from that, they're pretty well made and if you're on a tight budget i'm sure it'll do fine. The tramontina ones however are brazilian made and are far superior, check out a review here: http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=49 I had one a few years ago and thought they were damn good. :)

leon-1

I have been using a Martindale for a long time, if you can get one at a reasonable price go for it.

I know Bigman, the first thing he did was try and find a better deal for the other members here (save you guys money), what he has suggested is a good idea, what we need is someone with a trade account to look into it for us.

I do not need a macheteof this type so I will not be involoved on this, but ay help I can give I will, All the best,

Leon:)

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
This reminds me..

I need a new machete..

Im going for another Martindale.. Does anyone know a supplier in the UK that stocks the full range...?

I dont think you can buy them from Martindale direct.. unless its in bulk.. Correct me if i'm wrong...

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
AndyP said:
This reminds me..

I need a new machete..

Im going for another Martindale.. Does anyone know a supplier in the UK that stocks the full range...?

I dont think you can buy them from Martindale direct.. unless its in bulk.. Correct me if i'm wrong...

I found this site for you ralph martindale.
Is this what you are after?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE