Luxe mini peak vs Pro Action Tigerpaws

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
Myself and three friends are off to Snowdonia on the 19th April for a two night walk and camp,we are all pretty experienced wild campers and walkers with a fairly decent kit list,but there is one thing going around and around in my head,which tent do I take do I take my tried and trusted Tigerpaws or do I take my Mini Peak,the MP has been on a couple of trips to Dartmoor and one trip to Cadair Idris and coped great guns,loads of room and really light,my only concern is the stability in windy conditions whereas the TP has seen me ok on a couple of pretty crappy nights on Dartmoor and a bad night in the Brecons.I am swaying towards the MP because of the extra room,just wondering if any of you guys have had the MP out in windy conditions?

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Mate,
I have no experience with either tent but, unless you are expecting serious weather, i'm sure either will be fine. try not to worry too much. you bought a shelter to keep you comfortable after a long day in the hills so if the MP has more space and is comfortable, then use it. after all, thats why you bought it. And hey, if it falls down, i'm sure your mates will let you double up with them.

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
Have a look on the Backpackinglight.co.uk website. If I recall correctly, Bob, who runs the website, (and who is on this forum as 'Podcast Bob' I think), did a quick write up about himself and a friend taking the Mini peak out on a weekend to Wales. The weather was atrocious but apparently the Minipeak coped very well.

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
I have heard about Bob's trip,I was perhaps after a slightly more neutral experience.
Before anyone moans I am casting aspersions on Bob's honesty I have nothing but respect for the guy and his wife who I have bought kit from and run a great store,I just wanted to hear of any problems with the MP in windy conditions.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE