Lures And Spinners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

1987_uk

iv been looking on the net for a site where i can buy cheap lures and spinners online. if anyone no's any sites let me no cheers :-D

wayne

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
One of the best and sucessful spinners you can have in your fishing kit you can make yourself out of and old spoon (cut the handle off)... it spins realy well through water and very reflective :)

Ed

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Try this place:

http://www.harrisangling.co.uk

I do a bit of pike fishing and have used Harris angling many times, the best spinner is one of the most simple that I have found the Ondex 5, small enough to keep in your kit, but always use a 12" wire tracer (cos fishing line dont like pike teeth).
only a couple of quid but every time I dunk one in the oggin I get a pike.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I agree with Chopper the Ondex Number 5 is the best spinner you can buy. They come in silver and gold, IMHO silver is the best. Their secert to success is the tuft of of bright red wool on the treble hook. ALWAYS use a wire trace, I make mine at least as long as my arm (Pike will rap themselves up in it). Pike responed to low frequency vibration so reel in as slow as you can. For Perch reel a little faster and vary your speed whatever fish your after, this includes stopping the lure/spinner from time to time.
Pike are to a certain extent ambush predators, so they like to hide themselves away at the edges of reed beds and around structures, so fish to these places. In flowing water fish will sit with their noses into the flow so cast more upstream than down. One last tip, fish at different depths as a general rule most spinners sink about 1 foot per second. Lures are different, it all depends on what "bib" is fitted.

ssj

Forager
Jan 7, 2004
Colorado, USA
I don't know what the bite for shipping to the UK is, but this is a good resource in the U.S. http://www.cabelas.com/ I'm thinking primarily of spinner and spoon components. Spinners and spoons are quite easy and economical to make if you have the right tools. They also have plug and lure bodies but I haven't made lures from them.
ssj

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE