Lucky to be alive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
There's a lot of things going through my mind after reading this story. I'm happy that he survived but it's a bit of a miracle I think. The very least he should have had is a means of making a fire kept on his person in a waterproof container.

Hopefully he won't lose limbs due to frostbite but there hasn't been an update yet as to his condition. I can't imagine him getting off completely unscathed but I do hope so.
This just reinforces the need to be prepared for any possibility, especially when travelling alone in remote areas.
Those three days would have seemed like an eternity I'm sure.

http://www.adn.com/article/20141226/man-survives-fall-through-ice-three-days-outside-near-barrow

wheelnut

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2012
UK
should have at least had a plastic rescue whistle around his neck ;-)

as others have said, the Wolverine may have been the reason he stayed awake

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
he does seem a bit of an idiot to be so ill prepared- i only live in sunny dorset and still carry a folding knife, torch and lighter everyday.....id sure as hell carry more if i lived out where he does.... maybe he just forgot his usual gear that day and that was the day he needed it. hope he doesnt suffer too much long term damage from the ordeal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE