lowa mountain boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
hmmm... sound a bit suss to me, they legit one's?
seen a few like that, but have all said "German army one's not Lowa offical ones"

here's a direct link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2894717407&category=53116

Anyway, anyone mailed the seller to find out more ?

Edit: just looked at his feedback, seems to do a lot of those types of auction, no negative feedback though...hmm, perhaps not suss then?

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
I just bought a pair, I'd been waiting for a pair of size thirteens to show up for over a year now!
I bought a pair of matterhorns 2 hours earlyer because I was fed up of waiting for the lowa's! .... spooky stuff :)

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
Got them today.
Damn nice boots, the soles are older and not vibram, but for £35 an absolute bargin. I think they are all gone now though!

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Raz said:
Got them today.
Damn nice boots, the soles are older and not vibram, but for £35 an absolute bargin. I think they are all gone now though!
Are they definatly gortex Lowas then as I thought the Lowa mountain boot always had a vibram sole
David

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
That's what I thought ... must be really old if they're not Vibram soled asLowa has been using Vibram for years.

Unless there are batches where they don't I guess ...
dtalbot said:
Raz said:
Got them today.
Are they definatly gortex Lowas then as I thought the Lowa mountain boot always had a vibram sole
David

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
If I am right they have come from Field Textiles, I saw a load of these there not that long ago, not a bad price, but hes still trippling his money. :)

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
Well, the guy said they were old.
Visably the soles are different from any pictures I've seen on the internet. No Vibram logo (no lowa one either), and they don't feel like vibram.
Could be wrong though, who knows!
Anyone else got a pair?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Are there any markings at all to indicate that they are Lowa? Any Gore Tex markings?

Raz said:
Well, the guy said they were old.
Visably the soles are different from any pictures I've seen on the internet. No Vibram logo (no lowa one either), and they don't feel like vibram.
Could be wrong though, who knows!
Anyone else got a pair?

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Just got back from the local army surplus shop where they are selling the very same boots for £45-£60.
Same soles as the guy on e-bay and no Lowa markings.
Shop owner says they are genuine Lowa, are gortex lined but are German military issue, he says they can come with three types of soles, vibram,meindel, or german army spec .He also gets his gear from field textiles!.
N.B. He's also got stainless steel none teflon coated crusader mugs for £5

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
steve a said:
Just got back from the local army surplus shop where they are selling the very same boots for £45-£60.
Same soles as the guy on e-bay and no Lowa markings.
Shop owner says they are genuine Lowa, are gortex lined but are German military issue, he says they can come with three types of soles, vibram,meindel, or german army spec .He also gets his gear from field textiles!.
N.B. He's also got stainless steel none teflon coated crusader mugs for £5
That explains it as I know Meindel make them as well, which sole unit is it on the ebay ones for interest as I think I've a pair of them the same bought for next to nothing a few years back?
David

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
The ones on e-bay are definately not vibram, and they don't look like a meindel pattern I've ever seen, (in fact my Meindel boots have a vibram sole),so I can only assume they are the German army spec sole.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE