Lowa mountain boots, repairs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Hi guys, Just wondering if it's possible to get a pair of Lowa mountain GTX boots re-soled? And if so, who would be able to do it? Cheers, Davie

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I got a pair of GTX Danner Acadias resoled at a local Timpsons branch a few years back. They did an excellent job, no complaints at all.

I think I would consider using a different sole compound on my Lowa GTX Mountain boots, if I were to resole them.

I have found that they are lethal on, of all things; wet rock! The boot itself is excellent but it's definitely let down, by the lack of sure grip in certain conditions.

I wondered if it was a dodgey batch of soles or something like that:confused:

Anyway, don't dismiss the likes of Timpsons off hand, as they are, at least to a lot of folk, 'local' and you can actually see the sole units they have on offer, first hand. Might save a bit on postage too:cool:

good luck and best wishes

R.B.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I dunno about the GTX Mountain boots, but I have the GTX Combat boots and the Vibram sole unit on them definitely doesn't give very good grip on wet rock. I've found that to be a failing of Vibram soles in general... For good grip, nothing in my experience beats the Salomon Contagrip sole, but they don't 'alf wear out quickly.

I dunno if it would be possible to get a Lowa boot resoled with a Salomon sole... I'd go for that if it were.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Davie,

The cobblers down the High St do vibram soles I think.

Or put them in to Tiso in Glasgow and they'll get them done by their bootman in Edinburgh.

Tam.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Davie,

The cobblers down the High St do vibram soles I think.

Or put them in to Tiso in Glasgow and they'll get them done by their bootman in Edinburgh.

Tam.

Hi Tam, is that the one next to the arcade along from club too far? nearer the bottom of the town?

Cheers, Davie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE