lost in the wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikeb46

Jan 1, 2009
Llangollen, North Wales
is my Gransfors Hatchet.

to least say i am rather annoyed, i did try and retrace my steps but the light gave up and as did i.
i had it on my belt it must of just slipped off somewhere and i didn't notice, i hope it didn't drop into any streams i crossed or bogs.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Now you've alerted all the bushcrafters on the net, the area will be alive with folks looking for a bargain, have got a grid reference ?, as i'm emailing from my mobile while driving to Wales...

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Not on the same scale but I once lost my Opinel in a wood; went back a week later and found it
Strangely also found a pen
I can see the very knife from where I am sitting now
go back and look ;retrace your steps
good luck

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
one time me and my mate went out to this spot we used to go bushcrafting and he lost his zippo lighter. we spent ages searching for it and i even went back the next weekend looking for it but with no luck. then about two months later i happened to be down and started to make a brew when i looked down and there it was staring me in the face!

pete

Pang

Forager
Sep 8, 2007
london
is my Gransfors Hatchet.

to least say i am rather annoyed, i did try and retrace my steps but the light gave up and as did i.
i had it on my belt it must of just slipped off somewhere and i didn't notice, i hope it didn't drop into any streams i crossed or bogs.
u want to tell us where abouts u lost it??? might find alot of people searching the woods with u

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well, if you find it, you need to sort out a means of carrying it securely:
P7190027.jpg

P7190033.jpg

I normally carry my axe or hatchet, in my bag when I'm moving from one place to another but an axe hanger with a security strap, allows you to keep your axe/hatchet handy, if that's what you need.

Welcome to the site by the way;)
cheers
R.B.

mikeb46

Jan 1, 2009
Llangollen, North Wales
ahh found it, was a bit cold and and wet though.

it drop off as i hopped this fence, just didn't notice until about 500 meters away.

might have to invest in a better means of carrying it, but i normally take my ruck sack with my small forest axe tucked safety away in that, just on of those day i decided to go light.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE