Losing Tribes ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yeh, I kinda feel like a fake human being, when I see these tribes.

I give £25 to Survival International every year.

If anyones interested in this kinda thing, I posted some videos a while back, I found on youtube.

Series called Tribal Journeys.

In each episode an explorer visits one of the many tribes threatened by an encroaching 'developing' world. A bit like an older, grittier version of Bruce Parry's Tribe.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ta for the link. I can't say I feel "fake" but I love your tag-line ... it's just as true today!

I don't like all sorts of supposedly "good" things like the calls for money to sink wells and bore holes (for instance). If you sink a well one place you begin to change the water table. Then other folk, particulalry hunter-gatherers, find their habitat is changed, gone. Same with dams, making water for cities, etc, and encouraging agriculture, etc, etc. We do these things with a "knows best" attitude when in fact we know nothing. Rant over :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE