Looking of Stainless billies and other stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi Guys,

I am here to ask for our help again.

I have been tring to replace and restock the local scout troops kit and I have a couple of items left to get.

The First up is as the subject say's Stainless Steel Billy sets. The sets I am looking for need to big enough for a patrol to use.

The next item is a lot larger and more expensive so I am quite open to good quaility second hand.

I am looking two to three Icelandic patrol tents from Vango. I have a quote new at just under a 1000euro (est £700 pounds) pretty expensive.

I am hoping some of you guys out there that involved in the scouts might be able to point me in the right directions.

Many Thanks in advance for your help

James

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Hi James

Outdoors (UK Scout shops) sell a nice Billy set of 3 (one inside the other)pans with lids for £26(ish) between them, they should be of a size to cook a meal for 6 or so hungry Scouts.

Outdoors' price for a vango icelandic II Patrol tent is £455.00, to give you some comparison.

Madra rua

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 20, 2004
Ireland
Hi James, if you'd settle for a military style A frame tent you might find a decent one at your local FCA or army barracks. I was up at a jamboree in Belfast a couple of years ago and a troop from Colraine had a few. They seemed more spacious than the Icelandics, but one draw back is they've got heavy metal frames. :idea:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Try Anchor supplies for tents, they have a vast range from two man to the largest marquees, they are military surplus, as far as I know they are fairly cheap and in good condition, they should also be able to help with the billy's / dixey's. :-D

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks Guys,

The FCA and there tents fond memoires of lug them around the country side. :wink:

I think they would be just a heavy for our guys and after looking at some of them being used at a recent county event I think the Icelandic will work out better.

Thanks guys and if you come across anything else just give me shout.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE