Looking for places around gloucester and surrounding area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Anonymous

Am looking for places around glos and in particular forest of dean. also need advice on knifes. Much appreiciated. Burning inner tube doesn't work. :banghead:

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
is that places to go out and play, or places to buy the knife/knives?

which bit of burning inner tube isn't working??? :shock:

cheers, and.

Sep 23, 2003
i to have ahad no luck with inner tube. doesn't seem to spark. try may hill as a good area. But am not sure about fires up there. :AR15firin :yikes:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
as far as I know you can't spark onto inner tube, it needs to be a flame. The point of it is that it can get wet and thus it is easy to store. It burns well and for quite a while once lit thus making it a good start to a fire in adverse weather or when all the other tinder is wet. Use a lighter on it, or a match :-D

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
the only part of inner tube that works from a spark is the dollop of glue from your puncture repair outfit :-D

What sort of places are looking for in the Forest of Dean? It's one of my favourite local stamping grounds. In fact I was out there today from dawn until lunchtime. I didn't eat the local wildlife though, I came home for toasted cheese butties :-D

Roger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE