Sold Looking for Handy Hammock Stand / DD Hammock Stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Just seen my post number 17..... oh bugger sorry 60 quid . It has been a while so I had forgot and shelfed my plans.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can do a BACS payment if you’d like.

No disparagement to Hammock Man, who is a member in very good standing :) but the forum asks that people really try to use Paypal when they pay for goods. It gives the buyer insurance that they will either get what they bought or their money back.
In these uncertain times I think that's probably more of an issue, deliveries aren't as organised or as quickly done as they were.

There is an entire thread on the pros and cons of the subject, but I would be remiss if I didn't suggest this, especially in light of your post.

I hope the sale goes well for both of you.

M

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Toddy sir, you make a valid point.
I have only used payPal when paying not getting funds so is a new area for me. I will have to look up fees and the like.

I have PM'ed new details

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020
Midlothian
Grateful for the heads up, Toddy. Wasn’t aware of the protocols, hence my suggestion. Now have all the needful to use Paypal, thanks to Hammock Man’s speedy response.
Stay safe.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I accept that most folk will not be in the slightest bit interested but I put this up to be seen to be totally open.
i) Send us cash money via BGC
ii) Get told to use Paypal (good advice mind)
iii) State wrong email address to use!!! ( .co.uk when I meant .com)
iv) Grandson gets upset when not allowed to use package to hit Granddaughter.
v) Take package to parcel shop only to find they don't print labels ( despite what web site states)
vi) Have asthma attack because son forgot to say shop up 45 degree hill and I forgot asthma pump.
vii) get son to meet me with asthma pump !
viii) autocorrect garbles address so daughter can not enter address into app.
ix) printer runs out of ink
X) sleep on it, try again in morning.

Some times the Gods just hate you!!!!

Apr 7, 2020
Midlothian
What a marathon! I shall smile wrily and think of you whenever I use the stand No worries about the delay, it’s still most creditably prompt and I have plenty of other stuff to do. Like mowing the back lawn before I get to try the stand out when it arrives...
I hope the asthma attack was not too severe and that all is now well.
Look after yourself, Paddy.
Best wishes,
Mike

RichardJackson

Forager
Jul 7, 2011
Beccles
I am Medway. Don't know my exact weight but it has been along time since I was 70 kgs... much much closer to 100 now. As I said the rings are less then a perfect circle but the weld is sound. The well known secret is to make sure the pegs are driven fully home. The whole thing works on the strength of a triangular pyramid . The stand is held at an angle to the hammock by two amsteel lines which in turn is fixed to the ground. The forces on the stand are then passed down amsteel lines which run down 3 sides of the pole. The whole pyramid is then held up by the hammock which in turn is held up by the stand at the other end. Another little trick is once you set it up the first time, connect a bit of thin cord between the two discs the stand sits in, (it is not load bearing in any way so any skinny string/cord works) . Next time you set it up the cord gives the right spacing and saves messing about. Make sure you have a good read of my review. It was not sponsored; I paid real money!

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?attachments/img_20140907_154331-jpg.32467/
you can see the thin cord under my Grandson's foot
Hi Hammock_man, your review link goes to a conversation about 58pattern bottles. Would you be able to point me in the direction of the review? Cheers! Richard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE