Looking for a workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi all,
Wasn't too sure where to post this but I'm starting to outgrow my current blacksmithing workshop in Glasgow and I'd like to move.

So I'm looking for a workshop to rent in the Glasgow/ Ayrshire area. I'd prefer something a bit rural. It needs to be a minimum double garage size, preferably bigger.

Must haves:

Dry
Secure
Access to running water within walking distance
Toilet access within walking distance.
Power
Be ok with a reasonable level of noise/ banging during 09:00-17:00 or so.

Nice to have:

Concrete floor
Three phase power
Dog friendly
Ability to run a chimney through the roof / wall.

So if you have or know anyone that might have suitable space please be in touch.

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Andy ? is auld Ian still living ? I'm sure he said he had one in Barrhead all set up. Tam McGarvey would know.

Hi Mary. Can't say I know an Ian though I'm sure I've heard the name kicking about.

Tam doesn't work at Galgael anymore but I've got his number so can give him a call once I'm ashore. Tam is a nice chap, haven't seen or heard from him in a while.

All the best
Andy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, hadn't thought of that.
Ian Watt, iirc. Old blacksmith, must be in his nineties by now if he's still here. Taught at Galgael for a bit and demonstrated all over Scotland. Knew 'everybody' in blacksmithin, from N. Ireland right across Scotland and Northern England.
Used to come to demos with a trailer with a forge on it. Got it off the trailer and everything set up, then worked at it all day long. Didn't put it out when he loaded back up to go home since it was all burned down to embers. I used to think he looked like Jed Clampet driving down the motorway to Barrhead...the wind blew up the embers and he drove along with that forge billowing smoke out behind him. Weirdest damned thing on the road :D :D

Tam's sound :) and he'll know what's available I would think. Tell him I'm asking for him and his missus ?

M

Reactions: Everything Mac

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Ah, hadn't thought of that.
Ian Watt, iirc. Old blacksmith, must be in his nineties by now if he's still here. Taught at Galgael for a bit and demonstrated all over Scotland. Knew 'everybody' in blacksmithin, from N. Ireland right across Scotland and Northern England.
Used to come to demos with a trailer with a forge on it. Got it off the trailer and everything set up, then worked at it all day long. Didn't put it out when he loaded back up to go home since it was all burned down to embers. I used to think he looked like Jed Clampet driving down the motorway to Barrhead...the wind blew up the embers and he drove along with that forge billowing smoke out behind him. Weirdest damned thing on the road :D :D

Tam's sound :) and he'll know what's available I would think. Tell him I'm asking for him and his missus ?

M

Ah that Ian. I'm actually renting his space at Galgael at the minute. I understand he retired a few years back due to his eyesight. I'll speak to Tam and will tell him you were asking after him.
Thanks Mary.

All the best
Andy

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE