Looking for a small locking carabiner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Simple question really, does anyone have or know of small carabiners that either have a twist lock or some kind of auto lock. I want to stay away from screw locks because of the time consumption of un-screwing, opening, re-screwing to lock.

I recently got myself a Rock Exotica RockO autolock and it's bigger than I was expecting, for the application I will be using I want it as compact as possible.

Any input would be much appreciated! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Smith, looked at these? http://shop.flybubble.co.uk/gin-gli...source=Froogle&utm_medium=Shopping-Comparison though you don't say what the application is and although these things have a HUGE safety margin, the wrong one in the wrong place can be deadly. What you need it for, need to shock load, be strong across the axis, be self aligning? Also boat yards can have good kit, but say what it's for first, "there are bold climbers and there are old climbers, but bloody few old bold climbers".
Goatboy.

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
Look at the climbing gear manufacturers like DMM, Wild Country or Petzl - they should have something that would work.

Be advised that depending on the application you are dealing with, that some carabiner shapes are more suitable than others. YMMV.

Geo

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
Really depends on what you want to use it for. If it's for climbing (or leading) then then sizes are pretty much 'standard' to allow for rope combinations.

Personally (for climbing or any situation where my health is on the line) I don't mind the extra 5 seconds it takes to secure a screwgate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE