Looking For a Job? Land?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
[h=1]This Small Town Will Give Land and a Job to Anyone Willing to Move[/h][h=2]Sign us up!
[/h]
1473954774-920x920.jpg

Getty Images

By Daniela Di Napoli

Sep 15, 2016

Cape Breton is a small island at the eastern end of Nova Scotia. It features all four seasons, the population (as or 2001) is just under 150,000 and the community is true to its small town roots.
The Farmer's Daughter Country Market, a bakery and general store, is a staple of this hidden paradise and it is looking to expand. They have everything they need, except people.
After hiring all the qualified locals in need of a job, the business put out a nearly too-good-to-be-true call for help on Facebook.
Anyone willing to relocate (and meet the needs and qualifications of the store) will be offered a job and two acres of land to live on.
However, since the town is not qualified for the Foreign Worker Program, it can take only people who are legally authorized to work in Canada (just a few extra steps for any foreigner who really really wants the job).
For more information about the requirements, check out the Farmer's Daughter Country Market's Facebook page.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Would be great... if I wanted to work in a general store :lmao:

A couple of points on that:
-First, the words "General Store" in the name might be a marketing ploy rather than it being an old fashioned country store. It's actually quite common.
-Second, even if my above possibility is true, it still wouldn't be everybody's dream. Cleaning, stocking, and clerking in my Grandfather's (later my Uncle's) country store was one of my childhood/teen jobs. I enjoyed it but not everybody would.

max0

Mar 27, 2016
Northallerton
looks good but - if you are a foreign worker you cannot apply. At this time Cape Breton does not qualify for the Foreign Worker Program.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'll stay in BC, thanks. Atlantic Canada, the maritime provinces, endure a winter climate which would send me packing the very next day
or whenever roads and airports could function. Impressive winter storms.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Those guys in Cape Breton must be kinda, sorta, desperate,
I really hope that this stunt brings in some residents.

There's all kinds of job opportunities all along the west slope of the Rocky Mountains in BC.
Maybe you won't see a lush job (make your own) but the land is cheap, the houses are all set up for snowy winters.
The communities aren't very big (200 - 5,000) so you can sort of pick and choose.

McBride has one of most everything (hospital and med lab),
which is why and where I chose to rip out of the city when I retired.

I'm not so certain that you need to chase things like Cabela's Trophy properties.
You can be out of my house and watching mountain goats, 30 minutes out of my front door.
On your way, please kick the deer in the **** which might be standing on the doorstep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE