Looking for a camera pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
So, I'm trying to find a camera pouch the right size to fit the following in:

123_46.jpg

The pouch on the left is the one that comes with my camera (Sony DSC-HX9V) and I must say, it fits PERFECTLY. But I want to be able to fit an Altoids tin behind the camera and have come up with nothing. Important: the Altoids tin needs to be with the camera in the same compartment, so when it gets wet I can put both in the ziplock and keep them together. I have searched and searched the usual places I would look but can't find any thing that looks spot on.

Finding something the right size, that comes with built in padding for a camera seems to be very difficult. I should emphasise padding, tis for an expensive camera and most maxped stuff, despite being 1000 denier, is pretty un-padded.

Dimensions are 4.5"/11.5cm long, 3"/7.5cm wide and 2.6"/6.5cm deep. So that would be the internal measurement. Ideally what I'm looking for is this with added depth of 1"/2.5cm for an altoids tin.

Anyone suggestions would be great!

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I suppose I had assumed too much, I'll be very clear. It's a normal size compact digi camera and normal sized altoids tin. Dimensions are 4.5"/11.5cm long, 3"/7.5cm wide and 2.6"/6.5cm deep. Pretty much.. So that would be the internal measurement of said case.

I have looked around before asking here, looked at Maxpedition but the problem with them is not much of their stuff is padded, and despite being 1000 denier still leaves delicate contents pretty vulnerable to knocks and drops. Thanks for the links though. I have also looked at Lowepro because I like their stuff but it seems they don't do anything along these lines.

I know I can go and try stuff out, but before resorting to using time and petrol I just thought I could ask here on the off chance that someone might have something in mind from past experience. :) Also because it seems that places like maxped and lowepro don't have what I'm looking for I'm beginning to think it might be some rarer, more bespoke case from somewhere that will be found on places like BCUK. If that makes any sense at all...!!!

Ideally what I'm looking for is this with added depth of 1"/2.5cm for an altoids tin. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying "please go search for me", I just thought some people might have some ideas off the tops of their heads.

Last edited:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Very good idea, thanks.

Oh the altoids tin has inner tube bands around it which will keep it off the camera screen nicely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE