Long back army bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Widgy grub

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi all ,
Have been looking at British army bergens 120 ltr,
My question is.... I've seen one reletivley cheap, but I'm 5.7 and this is a long back... Has anyone used this pack who are around the same height as me ??
Will not be using a belt kit so not fussed about it sitting on the hips?

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Yep, i'm 5.8 and a bit lol, tighten the belt on your hips and as long as its packed right its ok. Got to be honest though,probably not the most comfy of things to carry. I suppose it depends on what weight your carrying and how far your walking. Mine gets pushed around on a trolley these days. :)

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Hi there , am 6ft and used to use a long back issue pack and it was comfy to use for me and never had any problems, also off topic if your after a cheap strong long lasting pack and your not to bothered about weight then there great.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I have both Long and Short, I'm over 6 ft, To be fair i prefer the short back as it rides slightly higher ,so i can attach my tent to the bottom without it slapping my backside as i walk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE