Login issues fixed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi All,

Many of the issue with the site have derived from a problem between the bridging software between the forum and the rest of the site, this has created weird anomalies all over the place, the most annoying of which is the logging in issue, or rather getting logged out fo one and not the other, often this is the forum while making a post or some such when it looks like you're logged into the rest of the site. This should now be resolved.

We've spent a lot of time finding and fixing the issue which has necessitated a large rewrite of the bridging software and some of the site modules. It's taken longer than expected because it's proven much more difficult to narrow down exactly what was causing the issues and then when they were identified there's always knock on affects of making changes whihc also had to be dealt with.

If you do have any issues to do with logins then please post them here, we've tested as much as we can both independently and with the help of many Full Members - huge thank you for that guys :You_Rock_ - It seems to work well but the real test will be getting used by all the members and giving it a good going over.

Thanks for your patience through all this, it should be a big step forward in the smooth use of the site. I know there's some other issues as well and we'll be getting to them as soon as possible, this was the biggest issue and needed dealing with first.

Let us know how it goes.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi All,

Many of the issue with the site have derived from a problem between the bridging software between the forum and the rest of the site, this has created weird anomalies all over the place, the most annoying of which is the logging in issue, or rather getting logged out fo one and not the other, often this is the forum while making a post or some such when it looks like you're logged into the rest of the site. This should now be resolved.

Sorry Tone,

Got some bad news for you...its not working. It was fine on the test site even after i cleared all my cookies and temp files etc. But have just cleared all my cookies, temp files and history and tried on here and get the problem again.

For me I log in at the home page and say remember my login and login automatically, visit the site etc fine. Close the browser and come back later and even through im still showing as logged in, i'm no longer logged into the forums.

Screen shot of me logged into the site but not the forums.

1551271943_c6d28825c5.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ahh, me thick, it's not all moved over yet, should be finished some time today and then it will work like a charm...where's that fingers crossed smile ;)

Thanks guys

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
OK, this got finished on Friday, how are people finding it today?

It's working for me, I login and stay that way and things are smoother because of it.

Thoughts?

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Appears to be sorted today, even when closing explorer and clearing cookies to start fresh.

The pop up issue i was getting has been annihilated - it was a virus.

So for me now, tis smooth. Cheers Tony for your time in fixing it :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Tony....Do we still have to log in twice, once on the login on the left hand side and then again in the forum (using a different password)...? I do not want to test anything because all is working for me and I do not want to risk getting logged out again...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Jon you login with two different sets of details? Heck, that's never supposed to have been the case.

log out of the forum, log out of the front end and then log in to the front end www.bushcraftuk.com and then go to the forum. There should be just one login.

The issue was that the login was wonky between the front end and the forum, should be fixed now. any problems drop an email to info@bushcraftuk.com

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Jon you login with two different sets of details? Heck, that's never supposed to have been the case.

log out of the forum, log out of the front end and then log in to the front end www.bushcraftuk.com and then go to the forum. There should be just one login.

The issue was that the login was wonky between the front end and the forum, should be fixed now. any problems drop an email to info@bushcraftuk.com

I only log in once at the mo and that is in the forum. The area on the top left is still asking for my username and password. When I last cleared out my cookies I tried to log into the site via there, but I had to get a new password and then when I went into the forum, I had to log in again, but I had to get another password to the one I had just been given.... I am a bit loathe to try anything now because the forums are working ok for me...

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It's been fine for me for a few days now. Before, I'd log in and click the remember me tag, but it would kick me after fifteen minutes or so if I didn't do anything. Now, I can leave it a long as I like, close Explorer and when I come back to the site I am remembered!

Nice one Tony, now, what's the score with the scrolling bar at the bottom of the page? Any chance of getting one put in so we can read the posts?!

:D

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Seem to be logged in to the forum but not the website at the moment, will log out and clear everything and see if that sorts it!

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
OK,
Even wierder goings on!
Logged out and went to the home page to log in after I'd cleared everything.
Tried to log in with the password I set back in the summer to try and get round login problems, page timed out without a response (tried that a couple of times).
Tried again with my old password and got to a page saying log on details are wrong, but in the top left corner there was the welcome Dtalbot box, and as I'm posting this now I must be logged in to forums as well!

H

Heathenpeddler

Funnily enough this was the one fault that never affected me :p maybe because I use Crazy Browser not IE

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
OK,
Even wierder goings on!
Logged out and went to the home page to log in after I'd cleared everything.
Tried to log in with the password I set back in the summer to try and get round login problems, page timed out without a response (tried that a couple of times).
Tried again with my old password and got to a page saying log on details are wrong, but in the top left corner there was the welcome Dtalbot box, and as I'm posting this now I must be logged in to forums as well!

How is it now?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE