Lock & Lock boxes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Anyone else come across these yet ? They seem to be the latest tupperware type storage containers. Waterproof, airtight, transparent and good value. Removable lids clipped on with a series of hinged tabs one on each edge of the lid.

I've been using the smallest size (3.5" x 4.3" x 1.9" tall) to carry a mixture of tinder and an oil soaked rag I use on my knives.

000001466.jpg

I also noticed Ray M using (a larger) one for his hot chocolate powder in the episode of his recent TV series where he revisited an old acquaintance and gave him a western bow.

The smallest might also make a waterproof alternative to the altoids tin if it was to be carried in a pack where it's extra depth wasn't an inconvenience.

Cheers

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I found them in a local independent hardware store. Smallest sizes were barely over a quid, larger sizes that are still small enough to carry less than £3. I think they're starting to appear in some of the big supermarket chains and kitchen shops.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I,ve been using one of these for about a year now, mine has two lift-out compartments. Very impressive kit, available in a wide range of sizes and not that expensive. Lakeland Plastics carries a good range of them.
Neil

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
I bought some out of Woolworths at the beginning of the year, I think it was a 9 piece pack for about £5. Noticed the otherday that JML now do the same thing in a 7 piece kit for a fiver.
They are great bits of kit.

Cheers
JFW

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I love 'em to bits!
I get mine either from Tesco or Homebase.
They do a nice long thin one that is ideal for the Japanese waterstone, both for storage and for soaking.

We even use them as lunch boxes :super:

Dave

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
lakeland has had them for a while I have been considering then as a cheap water proof storage for electronics for times when a pelicase is a bit over the top

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE