Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Looks great, and some excellent pics.

I'm going to have to stop at Loch Lomond one of these days, instead of driving past it. I think that I'll also have to vsit Scotland in the Autumn, rather that the spring like I usually do.

Cheers, Michael.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
Wow - those are great pickies guys! Happy memories :)

I've only been to Scotland a couple of times before to visit relatives on Arran. But after a weekend on Lomond, I've now got a totally rose tinted view of the place. In my experience so far:

The sun shines most of the time
There are very few bitey things
The wind rises when you want to sail but falls again when you want to paddle around the island
The animals come out to be photographed, show off their babies, and if you miss them the first time (the white stag) they come back so you can have another go
The moon is always full
The sunsets and rises are beautiful and occur on demand
The colours and air are lovely
The water is fresh

...I'm a total convert ;)

My pictures are on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclingrelf/sets/72157625123201109/

But here are a few to add to the excellent ones the guys have already posted:

White stag

Blueberries

Mum - I think they can see us!

Wallby mum and joey

Josh tests his sailing rig

Rich paddling to see the sunset

Hunter's moon

Saturday night campfire

Swans swimming away

Rich paddles home

Sounds like you guys had quite a time getting home - glad the roof rack was fixable. I was 25 mins early due to tail winds on the flight down from Glasgow to Newquay :)

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Wow - those are great pickies guys! Happy memories :)

I've only been to Scotland a couple of times before to visit relatives on Arran. But after a weekend on Lomond, I've now got a totally rose tinted view of the place. In my experience so far:

The sun shines most of the time
There are very few bitey things
The wind rises when you want to sail but falls again when you want to paddle around the island
The animals come out to be photographed, show off their babies, and if you miss them the first time (the white stag) they come back so you can have another go
The moon is always full
The sunsets and rises are beautiful and occur on demand
The colours and air are lovely
The water is fresh

...I'm a total convert ;)

:)

It sounds like the Scotland that I've been visiting must be the Anti-Scotland, where the weather is bad, the wildlife elusive and the bitey things voracious. Is flying there the secret, so that the border guards don't see your number plate?

Cheers, Michael.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
looks like you all had a great time, some grewt photos, i wish i could have made it but things conspired against me.

perhaps next time

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE