Loch Lomond, Where?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2013
Scunthorpe
Hey guys,
By some mere miracle my lass has agreed to go out on a 3 night camping expedition with me, She turned her nose up at wild camping in some woods, something about axe murderers and mutant mosquitos!.... SIGH!.... But i did manage to persuade her to go to Loch Lomond instead, (I might be a tad guilty of painting it to be a little bit more of a romantic trip than it actually will be... but it worked!)
Before we set off though, i do need to swot up on a few things, last thing i want is to get there and have to endure the next three days of her constant whinging and barbling because we cant find a suitable spot, or because the cars too far away.

Now im aware that at this time of the year the east side is off limits to campers, and its ilegal to pitch up, so my questions are....
Can anyone tell me of any other spots that is suitable and legal to pitch up for a few days? Possible the west side?
Will there be any places to safely park a car and leave it for the duration of the stay? (She wont mind walking half an hour to an hour or so away from the vehicle).
Any advice anyone else feels important to add?

Thank you to everyone in advance that takes the time to read this and offer advice.

All the best
D. Kelly.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Cant offer any advice on sites as I tend to canoe lomond but,, if your taking the missus and dont want to put her off make it comfortable!
Take every luxury you can find, especially chocolate. Make sure she has enough insulation to survive a weekend in the Arctic.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
There's some sites on the East side. And I have to say apart from the Neds that have wrecked it for everybody else its much nicer.

The west side I'm afraid is dominated by the main road heading north. Though there may be some places to camp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE