loch lomond paddle and chopper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
So Myself, Pete and Rich all got together and decided we wanted to go on paddle trip it did not take long to decide Loch Lomond was the place to go and explore. Dates set holiday booked and off we went.

spotted a ideal beach on a island to make base camp.

experimental bacon with bill berries.
dinner was noodles and bacon hmmm was rely good.

On Friday our third day out we went exploring the island.

we collected a load more bill berries.

on the way back to camp Pete and Rich stopped to eat some Bill Berries they where picking i did not notice they had stopped till i had walked a way ahead and their was thick brush looked back and could not see them so carried on on a very undefined path witch was very precarious i slipped on a root twisted my right ankle stepped forward down a gully with my left foot to save myself from falling and twisted my left ankle with a pop fracturing it on pure determination and adrenaline i made i back to camp i knew i had to as i called out but Pete and Rich did not hear me. i found out later they had taken a different path back. im still very annoyed with myself for this.
when i got back to camp i was going to try stay not knowing the damage i had done but after a coffee and some food three hours after the injury it was decided i could not stay as i could not stand for a wee let alone anything else. so i asked Pete to call for rescue. i would like to thank the royal navy rescue helicopter crew and Mike the medic for the great service.
that was my week long trip over in three days sadly.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Meh, seen worse. :)

Where's the video of you been winched into the Chopper?

Heal fast mate, and the offer stands if you need transport to future Meets.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You don't do things by half do you. At least you got a posh ride home. Last time I was out with someone who broke a leg I had to give her a cuddyback out for a few miles to the vehicle then drive her to hospital. Hope you heal well an that you get back to redo the trip sometime soon. Hope the others didn't decide to split your gear as you were gone. :D
Still it shows how lucky we are to have such good rescue services in this country and how easy it is for things to go pear shaped very quickly.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE