loch katrine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DMadden

Forager
Aug 31, 2009
South Shields
How do all,
thinking about heading to loch katrine early-mid november. Was hoping one of you guys knew if there was decent parking (for a couple of days)? Im looking at plonking the car at Stronachlachar - anyone know whether this'll be fine?

Thanks a lot,
Dan.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
There is a small car park at the pier. I'm not sure if overnight parking is allowed but I would have thought in November you are not going to get too much hassle. Probably worth checking out.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There's folk working on the royal cottage at the moment, they might let you park your car up for a couple of days.

DMadden

Forager
Aug 31, 2009
South Shields
nice one chaps,
Ive thought about giving the cottage/house thing at that pier a ring, or even the hotel nearby, just to see if parkings fine/arrange parking!
And thats some good info about the royal cottage - thanks!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The cafe at the pier was shut when we were there back in February I think, it might just be shut until the Walter Scott starts again. It can get busy at the pier but if you get there early enough I think you should be okay. I don't recall ever seeing any no overnight parking signs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE