Loch Goil 19th-21st Sept

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hi all,

I'm heading out onto Loch Long/Loch Goil at the weekend(friday night after work 'till sunday).
Room for another couple of folk if anyone fancies it. One more bod and we'd be tandem - two and I'll take the solo and you'd be paddling together. Folk with their own boats are obviously welcome too.

No real plan as such. Put in at NS241952(car park seems safe enough), get a bit of fishing in, maybe a prowl round Carrick Castle....

Josh

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'd love to join you Josh but I'm afraid I have to work the next two weekends, have a great time and let me know how the bivvy works out for ya.
Aw bum sometimes life is a bitch I'd a loved a go on a canoe too!

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Keep hitting the meets and getting shoved off in a canoe is pretty much inevitable. Shame you can't make it along but hey, next time.....:).

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like a great spot Josh, I`ve added it to my list of possibles for my upcoming trip. There looks to be a good walk on the other side right round the peninsular and back up to Ardgartan.

Don`t suppose you`ve any piccies of this area do you ??

Rich

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Don`t suppose you`ve any piccies of this area do you ??

Great thing about it from here is it's just so convenient. You can go to Loch Lomond and brave the hoards(it's not bad come this time of year) or drive ten minutes farther and have Loch Long pretty much to yourself. :approve:

My first real canoe trip.

Fishing with Blutack(helps if you regress to about twelve years old to do that ;) ).

This's where we camped(360 panorama) and where I probably will again one night.

[Edit - And this was up at the head of Loch Long, where we stopped for a break is at the campsite at Ardgartan.]

Have to say, where you're planning on going is nicer and the shellfish foraging will probably be better up there. Goil's a bit like Loch Fyne, the hills run straight into the water with no real beach to speak of.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I may paddle over AM saturday or sunday, white sea kayak.

Oh, you got one? I'm dead jealous.
Will keep my eye open and give you a whistle if I'm onshore and see you passing. What colour's your BA? (just so I know it's you and not some poor stranger wondering why some numpty's whistling at him):)

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Oh, you got one? I'm dead jealous.
Will keep my eye open and give you a whistle if I'm onshore and see you passing. What colour's your BA? (just so I know it's you and not some poor stranger wondering why some numpty's whistling at him):)

Dark Blue BA. White boat. Red bladed paddle.

If it's windy, and a swells running I'll be pleased to see a lookout, I'll launch at the 'Divers ramp'.

Dog sitting so awkward to get for a overnight or day trip, without him.

Nick

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great thing about it from here is it's just so convenient. You can go to Loch Lomond and brave the hoards(it's not bad come this time of year) or drive ten minutes farther and have Loch Long pretty much to yourself. :approve:

My first real canoe trip.

Fishing with Blutack(helps if you regress to about twelve years old to do that ;) ).

This's where we camped(360 panorama) and where I probably will again one night.

[Edit - And this was up at the head of Loch Long, where we stopped for a break is at the campsite at Ardgartan.]

Have to say, where you're planning on going is nicer and the shellfish foraging will probably be better up there. Goil's a bit like Loch Fyne, the hills run straight into the water with no real beach to speak of.

Thanks for info Josh :You_Rock_

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Have a sick dog, but can drop him of at relatives in Rhu. I'll see if Bluetack can sea paddle with me. Hopefully be there saturday AM. Don't wait for me. Off to the Vets (visa card) soon.

Nick

Edit- indoors for meal weekend.Another vet apt. saturday.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
What a drag.
Hope it pulls through ok.

Was looking forward to meeting your new boat.:(
Maybe no bad thing though. The pal who stores the canoe for me says another would be no bother. Last thing I need is to develop a sea kayak fixation.:rolleyes:

Josh

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Took him to the Vet Hospital in Stirling, now eating and no vomit and D****. Must have eaten some junk on a walk. Need to transfer him back to local vet tomorrow.

Just pottered about the hoose in the great weather. My bros said the sailing was windy off H'Burgh. Have a good weekend ? Still many Mackies about ?

Nick

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Yeah, we had a gas. Caught the three loneliest mackies in scotland but that was it apart from bites, fights and a wee baby cod that we let go. Scott was on for a hefty pollock at one point but it got away.

I'll get some photos up in a bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE