Loch Fyne

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Looking to head to Loch Fyne next weekend(perhaps as early as thursday 16th). Scott, Kev, Stuart and I are going to make a start on the worst of the rhodie patches on the land.

Rhodies_01.jpg

Weather permitting we'll be there for a maybe a fortnight. If anyone fancies either coming along or visiting you're more than welcome.
There's no obligation to join the workparty. Obviously any help would be appreciated but it's not expected. Feel free to come for the fishing or the wander. :)

Anyway. It's over the far side of Fyne by Tarbert. For those who already know the usual camp we'll be staying in the next bay to the north - the one with the fishfarm - and working in the next bay north again.
There's an hour and a half paddle(in calm) or about a two hour hike involved. The 'chute will be up and the shore littered with canoes - shouldn't be too hard to find.
With the laird being on site and given the season it'd be a good time for anyone who'd like to make a hunting trip of it.

So yeah. We'll be there if anyone fancies a visit.
Drop me a PM and I'll send co-ords, a route suggestion and my mobile number.

:)
Josh

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Would love to join you mate but I'm glamping at Comrie with Carol next weekend. I'll see what she has planned for me after that though.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Good stuff. :)

There's more scope for hammocks at this site. South of the wee burn is a suitable wood right off the beach.
Used to be a wee village in that wood. I'll bring along the antiquity map.
The flat area isn't a patch on round at the usual camp. It's a case of clearing enough bracken to make a nest for a tent.
Not bad but better in summer when you can howk the live bracken and get the lumpy rootball.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Going back out this week. Probably tuesday and there for a week or so.

Usual campsite this time and more of a pleasure trip. Will likely try to clear the birch stump from the ruin but the bulk of the plan is fishing and soaking up some sun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE