loch ba fishing

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Went on my first fishing trip on sunday and although i didnt catch any(one got away) it was superb.
Many thanks Johnnytheboy for de mystifying the whole thing for me and giving up your time.
However i did see my first wild trout as Johnntheboy caught about 12.
What a great place loch ba is,as we passed loch lubnaig you couldnt see the ground for tents and bbq's and loch ba was empty.
Soloman.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Nice one guys, how big was the one that got away??? ;)

We were up Loch Ard and it was surprisingly quiet, but apparently Loch Earn was heaving and some friends went up there for a paddle but came home early. I think I may need to get fishing demystified sometime too, tried it twice but none the wiser. Maybe someone could run a 'complete beginners, how to fish day' <hint hint> ;)

Cheers,

Alan

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
The one that got away Alan was a real monster, must have been 5" long. ha.
Poor technique to blame but perhaps next time.
You must have a go again it was really good fun and in such a setting but the rocks just under the surface were a pain,you could follow the plastic and royalex rubbed off boats all the way to the islands.
Of course it help to have an expert on hand to sort out ones muckups.
Soloman.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
The one that got away Alan was a real monster, must have been 5" long. ha.

It'll get bigger in time, they all do.
fishy.gif

Gailainne

Life Member
I was up at L Earn at the weekend, and it was heaving, did'nt get the canoe out but did do some fishing, only caught 2, both undersized, the second slipped off the hook as I was landing it anyway :rolleyes:. A camping, canoe, fishing weekend sounds like a plan to me :D

I saw a red Old Town prospector on Sunday at St Fillians, sometime after 2 -ish, it was when Andy of Hercules the bear fame was there.

Stephen

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I had a great day, brilliant weather, excellent scenery, reasonable fishing ;) and fantastic company.

Alan any time you want some fishing tips just give me a shout, i would be more than happy to help.

5" i would have been more optimistic and put it nearer 9" but then i have been fishing for a wee while, you'll learn :) :)

Soloman, any time you are free we can pop back and hopefully put some fish on the bank for you

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Thanks john,id love to have a good try again.
Id like to go back to Ba as i was so taken with the island and spotted a few good sites for the tipi,hope to see you there.
Regards Soloman.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Hi there folks,went back upto loch ba as my wife was working up at Onich yesterday so she dropped me and collected me on the way back.
I wanted to try spinning again and i caught my first small wild trout on that mepp you gave me John..
After a couple of weeks ago i thought i might have a fishing handicap,and that was with my pup doing her best to scare all the fish in the loch by crashing about in the water.
Ill try to put up the pics later when my tech support comes home from work.
Soloman.

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Yes john hooked,but camera power gave up before i got to the island.
It was another good day,i went round the other islands and found a superb place for an overnighter.
Soloman.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE