living wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lukem

Jan 15, 2010
greenock/edingburgh
is there any one out there living wild for a month or more i mean like if you gave up your job to do it or what ever

the reason im asking is because iv just finishd reading a book called call of the wild my escape to alaska by guy greive and i really enjoyd it

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I dream about living wild, I'd love to get back to a more natural way of life without all the BS that goes with contemporary life:
Politicians, bills, TV, bills, other road users, bills, chavs, bills......

I'd be much happier running round the forest in a loincloth weilding a club and grunting :lmao:

peasantchurl

Banned
Jun 11, 2009
yep i did it for a month, walked out of my job, did'nt want to wage slave through summer when I could learn so much more in that time foraging, building shelters etc etc, the GOOD life it was, a walk in the park, went the Rain District (Lakes) been going back ever since do it 3 days a week, work 4 days then flock off to the Lakes. don't know why I bother coming back to be surrounded by idiots.........yes I do.... to go somewhere bigger and better forever......England is goosed in my opinion.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'm intrigued too Klench. England, although not as good as Scotland, still seems to be a pretty amazing country to live in.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I'm intrigued too Klench. England, although not as good as Scotland, still seems to be a pretty amazing country to live in.

The countryside's great it's some of the people in it that spoil it.
Anywhere else this old shooting hut at SD 76672-73979 on Simon fell
54*9' 40.1" N - 2* 21' 31.5" W. would be cared for and used as a shelter
Simonfellhut.jpg

here it's left to go derelict and used as a rubbish dump
Simonfellhutinside.jpg

I don't know the answer,:banghead:, where's the education start ? If it had been foggy I could have practically followed the plastic
water bottles back down the hill.I picked a few up but couldn't manage all of them
just thought I'd share Danny

Jan 20, 2010
Sweden
Getting back to the England comment. Too right England is a fantastic place to live, but at the same time to experience 'the wild' I do feel you need to look elsewhere. I had amazing years growing up there and experiencing all that there is to offer. Could say I learnt my trade there. But since moving to Scandinavia and experiencing 'the wild' here there is just no comparison....

Anyone ever feel like coming over to check it out it's just to get in touch.........

hedgerow pete

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 10, 2010
smethwick , west midlands
there are two friends on mine both have gone in differant directions and hopefully to be followed by me and the misses one day,

John like me is a outdoors person tried the office work thing and gave up, but he did have the time to buy a piece of land around 7 acres in wales, very poor mountain land and he now lives there in his own little world a very happy man, he does use the local town to suppliment his diet with trading others for fruit food and such for his logs also does rabbit work for his meat .

the second lad did the horrible crime of putting an idea in my head that i cant ever shift, he built his own cannel boat and spends his life floating up and down when ever and where ever he wants with a mixture of midnight forays to collect game and day time forays to collect food, he only has to work around three months of the year to collect enough money to pay for the boat insurance and canal ticket

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I can certainly see the limitations of a truly wild experience here in the UK and perhaps not least as "midnight forays to collect game" as described below, unless with each landowner's permission, constitutes poaching!

cheers

hedgerow pete

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 10, 2010
smethwick , west midlands
very true , but its only the P word when you get caught and since most of the poaching is done by big tooled up gangs the odd rabbit in ones pocket goes by the by , also english law on the taking of game which is its correct tittle are ,1 very out of date .2 very hard to prove, rely on the trespase laws which are evan harder to prove.

Hopefully some one here does know the modern laws i will post on another thread to see what happens

as for the canel boat , he works for one of those job agenceys that pays by the day as a building site labour from oct to feb or less or more depends on the money the insurance and boat licence total is £3,000 i belive but i am not sure and thats it , when he works on the building site he buys some red diesel to top up his tanks and fire wood is pallets, as for the winter he has found several very quiet areas to over winter in the citys and as for the rest he has to move more than 15 metres per two weeks to be classed as mobile and free of mooring fees, all i have to do is buy/rent a house with a 70 foot long garden near a canal

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
England is most definitely "goosed".
you can't go anywhere without finding signs listing a thousand and one prohibitions and by laws and/or loads of litter dropped by mindless cretins.
There isn't really any proper "wilderness" here, it all has car parks, graveled paths, toilets and tacky gift shops.
And to top it all of we have a government who seem intent on making just about EVERYTHING illegal, and want to know where everyone is and what they're doing at all times.
I could go on and on and on and on and.......

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
To me bushcraft is all about the fact that i could live wild if i wanted to, or if the sh8t hit the fan. I baked bread outside at home the other night with my german mess kit using only what i would've carried with me never used the kitchen at all, just to make sure i could do it when i hit the bush.

lukem

Jan 15, 2010
greenock/edingburgh
The countryside's great it's some of the people in it that spoil it.
Anywhere else this old shooting hut at SD 76672-73979 on Simon fell
54*9' 40.1" N - 2* 21' 31.5" W. would be cared for and used as a shelter
Simonfellhut.jpg

here it's left to go derelict and used as a rubbish dump
Simonfellhutinside.jpg

I don't know the answer,:banghead:, where's the education start ? If it had been foggy I could have practically followed the plastic
water bottles back down the hill.I picked a few up but couldn't manage all of them
just thought I'd share Danny

well i think camping is all about not leaving a trace you have been and i never leave any litter i eather burn it or take it home

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE