Litter louts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
BBC news

"A mid Wales man known affectionately as "Rob the rubbish" was so ashamed by the litter on Britain's highest peak that he spent two days cleaning it up."

Well done Rob, and thankyou

It's all about setting a good example :)

Tant

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Nice one Rob :D :You_Rock_

Whenever we take our kids to the country park we take empty bags to collect the litter. We are trying to instil a love of the countyside and a desire to care for it.

Greywolf

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Friar Tuck said:
One of my big gripes at the moment is dog walkers. They pick up thier dogs 'waste' in those lovely little plastic bags, then throw the tied bag into the nearest bush. How long will that take to break down??? :censored:

Well done Rob. A good example to us all.

John
I know exactly what you mean, it's ironic that they pick it up in a non-biodegradable bag and think they're doing better by removing it from the beaten track and placing it in a bush or something to fester inside a container that will never leave. Lovely.
I try to do a little bit every time I go into the field backing onto my house, but the whole field is about 30% litter i'd say. It would be a miracle to clear all the litter from it, especially since there's a secondary school about 100 metres from my garden. Oh well.

Yep, a big cheers for Rob. :)

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Friar Tuck said:
One of my big gripes at the moment is dog walkers. They pick up thier dogs 'waste' in those lovely little plastic bags, then throw the tied bag into the nearest bush. How long will that take to break down??? :censored:

JoshG said:
I know exactly what you mean, it's ironic that they pick it up in a non-biodegradable bag and think they're doing better by removing it from the beaten track and placing it in a bush or something to fester inside a container that will never leave. Lovely.

I'm not condoning dropping rubbish and am as upset as the rest of you guys about it, however, with regards to dog waste can I just point out that the bags I and would hope others use are fully biodegradable. They cost a little more than the normal bags but they are enviromentally friendly and that's why I buy them.
If I'm deep in the woods and my hound has to go then I tend to leave it as nature intends, if on the other hand I'm on a trail then I do pick it up in a bio bag and lose it in a bush. I have no problem doing this as this is what the bags were bought for and rather that than a massive steamer on the path for everyone else to smell and/or step in.
Obviously if I'm in a park or somewhere that has doggy bins then I put the bag full in there.

Not a moan here but please find all the facts before you moan at us dog lovers ;)

Thanks,

Bam. :)

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
bambodoggy said:
I'm not condoning dropping rubbish and am as upset as the rest of you guys about it, however, with regards to dog waste can I just point out that the bags I and would hope others use are fully biodegradable. They cost a little more than the normal bags but they are enviromentally friendly and that's why I buy them.
If I'm deep in the woods and my hound has to go then I tend to leave it as nature intends, if on the other hand I'm on a trail then I do pick it up in a bio bag and lose it in a bush. I have no problem doing this as this is what the bags were bought for and rather that than a massive steamer on the path for everyone else to smell and/or step in.
Obviously if I'm in a park or somewhere that has doggy bins then I put the bag full in there.

Not a moan here but please find all the facts before you moan at us dog lovers ;)

Thanks,

Bam. :)
That's great man, to be honest I didn't know they existed, but hopefully many people use them, but I know for sure that a fair few don't which is a shame.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE