limited edition axes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Will do Red!
Since you pointed out the old 'Palm oil' scandal I have been having a real
hard time! ( I even shave with the stuff! )
Thanks for giving me some hope ( in a soapless world! )
My best.
Chris.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Dave, I'd be interested in an axe, especially if it's a little different from the "run of the mill". I don't have a bearded axe and would welcome one of those when you get round to it!

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I just had an axe from Dave and its the dogs bo****s. Its a bit nordic and a bit hawk with a long straight handle. You see I make and sell knives to buy other knives and stuff!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Thanks for the support guys :) It's the whole way people perceive value I guess. Billhooks for example, I sell them for around the £90 mark. Now that is a really pricey billhook, but its also a bloody cheap and very under priced hand made 12" heavy duty knife (which is also a real PITA shape to forge).

Still, as long as there are people in the world who are happy to buy the things that I make then I shall continue to make them and avoid getting a proper job :lol:

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
thought i would add my opinion on here too...

I was lucky enough to buy one of Dave's first axe's, a Tomahawk (British trade axe), which is absolutely amazing!
it is one of my most prized bushcraft posesions....

It looks amazing and you can see the working that went into it every time you look at it!

It does every job i have thrown at it, so well that i have got rid of my gransfors SFA!!!
Dave's axe's are something else and when you get one in your hand, look at it, admire it and use it, it's easy to see that it is worth every penny.

If i could afford to buy another one so soon after the first i would but i might leave it until next year...

These axe's are a handcrafted piece of art that also works as a tool, i like my knives and have several that range in price but my axe is my most loved piece, i just find there is something nicer about an axe...

Guys, just to clear things up, I was not criticizing Dave's axes, I am sure they are every bit as good as their reputation suggests.

Just more than I would be prepared to pay for an axe... I am sure many others would agree. Dave has a great reputation, and I have not meant to tarnish it, hope you get where I am coming from here.

Cheers

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
as it happens that is what I'm going for :) I've got the bar marked ready to cut bits off for heads and I'll hopefully start work on them next week. looking for about the 500g mark for the head and a slightly slimmer eye shape

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I'd love to be able to say yes, but I couldn't justify the price to my wife :) I hope some people can sign up to the project and we can follow it on here.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
not started yet I'm afraid. I've been too busy with pillar-to-post type stuff (shows, courses and commissions) recently :rolleyes: I'll have some with me at the moot, if nothing else I'll have a prototype on display here in the next week or so ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE