Lightweight fishing kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
DSCF0848.jpg
First of all appologies to dave89 for not posting this picture on his thread. The cyber gremlins wouldnt allow me to post it.
I use this kit for fishing on remote hill lochs for wild brownies. The rod is a 5 piece graphite 5ft 6" mitchell 308x and the reel is a shimano symetre. Oh the small tackle box is a mustad magic box.
HF

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Very nice. I'm looking to put such a kit together for stalking and fishing whilst I'm on my travels. Can I ask why you we t with a 5 piece graphite rod over day a telescopic?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nice litle setup not unlike mine, but I have a 1000 size stradic, cant find a 750 which was my preference.

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
I have something similar and they come in handy. My 'regular' style pole telescopes instead of disassembling, but the end package is the very similar. Some people think a telescoping rod is less sensitive to feeling bites than a sectional, and there is some truth to that.

Nowadays, in my jeep I keep a Ronco 'Pocket Fisherman' for the various lakes and rivers in Texas during my wanderings. They look gimmicky, but for freshwater where the fish are typically smaller they actually work great.

I live around a lot of saltwater. For saltwater with the more common fish around here, for my compact portable gear I've had to carry some additional, beefier gear, like a high strength handline with steel leaders, larger hooks, etc. A throw net is also a must for things like shrimp and mullet.

Pocket Fisherman
0066586005198_300X300.jpg
0066586005198_AV_300X300.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE