lets see your workshop / shed / garage then!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Yesterday my shed had a much needed overhaul. We only moved in a few months ago and a mix of being offshore and naff weather means I haven't done a great deal to the garden or shed yet. I'd just basically piled everything in.

sadly no before photos.

so I took everything out of the shed so I could get to the desk.
image.jpg

i swept all the rubbish out and then I build a new bench out of an old pallet and fitted the legs from my old desk.

image.jpg

Im pleased with the bench, I added a shelf underneath so I can store more things.

then I had to put everything back in. Before the desk was along the back wall which left everything a bit cramped. I've rearranged the layout and now I've got loads more space. Metal is being stored in the corners and I have more area to work around the anvil now which is good as its being sold to make way for a bigger one! Lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

and here's a quick pic of my improvised tool rack. It's just part of an old dog cage with enough bars cut out to accommodate my hammers etc. it makes the shed so much tidier.

image.jpg

And finally here's a picture of the old anvil on top of the new one....
image.jpg

amazing when you think the "small" one is 62kg.....

Cheers
andy

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
New addition to my workshop courtesy of kind neighbours buying a new propane range

Shed Stove by British Red, on Flickr

Had to buy the 1/2" BSP gas tail adapter (thanks to Wingstoo for the advice on the right doohickey). Had the rest of the bits (regulator, gas hose, clips etc. ) in my box of miscellaneous gas bits. Moderately overkill to have oven and grill as well as a gas hob in the workshop - but a stove will be very handy for soap making, cleaning up beehive frames, pressure canning, seasoning cast iron and all those other jobs that need a stove but are best done away from the normal kitchen :)

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
- but a stove will be very handy for soap making, cleaning up beehive frames, pressure canning, seasoning cast iron and all those other jobs that need a stove but are best done away from the normal kitchen :)

;) this is a safe place Red. You don't need to sell us the excuses you told swmbo....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
<chuckle>

BB (the missus) is pretty good actually - she doesn't mind me traipsing wood shaving in the house (or even working wood in the house), cleaning guns in the living room (so long as I clean hers too) or any of the things that drive prissy women mad!

Seasoning cat iron and setting the smoke alarms off repeatedly does get on her nerves though!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My kids enjoy reading the Pettson and Findus books, in which they read about the adventures of an elderly Swedish farmer and his cat 'Findus'. The author and illustrator of these books clearly has a good visual memory of old Swedish farm buildings and puts a remarkable amount of detail into his drawings.

Last week I picked up a S/H book that had a picture of Pettson's workshop and thought I'd share. :)

ns5jHGC.jpg

I think that might be a Mora Classic No. 1 in the bottom left corner. :)

Pettson and Findus

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE