Lets See Your Bullet Guns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jean baptiste

Tenderfoot
Here's my very humble pair of .22s :eek: .

A Winchester and BSA .

DSC02623Small.jpg

hi
the winchester it is a model 290 ? i'have got one but i don't have the manual
do you now where i can get one ?
thank's

pwb

hi
the winchester it is a model 290 ? i'have got one but i don't have the manual
do you now where i can get one ?
thank's

Hi Jean,

Mine is a Model-190, bought it along time ago second hand and I'm afraid I don't have a manual either .

I found this link on a us gun forum, it's for a 190 but they might be quite similar.
I cant open it as my computer is having issues with PDF s at the moment :(.
I'll update that link with this one :

http://www.swishercs.com/winchester/

Hope it's of use .

Cheers,
Pete.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Come on guys get posting. I'm running out of rifles!

IMG_1400.jpg

1. Precision Rifles Scotland "Hunter Action. (Made by US manufacturer Nesika)
2. Krieger double cryo treated match-grade fluted barrel.
3. SS Conetrol scope mount bases with PRS custom machining to fit contoured action.
4. Conterol "projectionless" custum low rings. (So low in fact we had to machine a secondary flute on top of chamber to permit movement of the adjustable scope objective! You can still only get a fag paper between it.)
5. PRS machined custom bolt knob to my own design.
6. Swarovski 6 - 24 scope
7. Hand-carved stock by PRS from Weston Gunstocks laminated maple blank. Finish by Hyrograhpics spray shop.)
8. Chambered in the "250 Klenchblaize" wildcat based on the 6X47 Swiss Match round (Ruag brass) necked up to .25 and with sharper shoulder
9. Cartridge load for deer: 85g Nozzler Ballistic Tip. 38.5 grains of Varget rifle powder. Federal Gold Match primers.

This rifle will shoot a one-hole 10-shot group at 104 meters even with none match-grade bullets. Sadly I can't unless from a bench!

Cheers

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh...now that's a pretty stick Klenchblaize :)

However in answer to your request for more rifles...hmmm theres a few more in my cabinet so what can I show that's totally different to yours

Lets have a crack at this one...nice, plain and simple

Marlin 1894 chambered in .357magnum / 38spl. 18" barrel and QD studs for sling fitting (I use it with a sling most of the time). Weaver rail up top and four reticule "holo sight" on top for reactive "two eyes open" shooting

440866314_aea2061f5b.jpg

Now one for the leather workers amongst us...a variety of custom made "over belt" cartridge loops in .303 / .357 /.223. In the middle is one of the most unusual bracelets in the world (which my wife loves when fully loaded with .22 rounds) :D

3910570404_752117a756_o.jpg

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahhh - can't watch you tube mate sadly - only got limited dial up at home and "surf patrol" doesn't like it at work :(

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
Marlin 1894 chambered in .357magnum / 38spl. 18" barrel and QD studs for sling fitting (I use it with a sling most of the time). Weaver rail up top and four reticule "holo sight" on top for reactive "two eyes open" shooting

440866314_aea2061f5b.jpg

Ah Red, you make me smile. I've owned a lot of rifles over the years, but my 1894 in .357/38 is one of my all-time favorites. It's a nimble rifle, particularly for the kind of deer hunting I do in Northern California. I wouldn't want to take long shots with it, but for close in hunting, it's brilliant.

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
OK, now for something different. I realize that the terms of the thread are "UK legal only" and I don't know whether blackpowder rifles are legal in the UK, but here is my favorite all time rifle...

It's a custom Virginia long rifle made by Bill Rooks in .50cal. It has a swamped Goetz barrel, Siler lock, all iron furniture. Pure sweetness....

Here's the full thing and then some stock details... Sorry for the crummy detail on the full shot, the rifle is about 50 inches long and it's hard to get the full length and get detail too.

full_side.jpg

Now the stock (nice curly maple):

stock1.jpg

stock2.jpg

You'll note that it's left handed -- this is my curse, I'm right handed, but left eye dominant, if any of you other shooters out there have this problem, you'll know what a pain it is :)

Anyhow, the rifle is deadly accurate, provided I'm deadly accurate, and this coming deer season, I've decided that it's all I'm using and everything else is going to be left at home. (Well, I'll use my bows during archery season, of course)

Once you shoot black powder, you get hooked and nothing else is quite the same. Other shooting might be more efficient, just not as satisfying.

Of my half dozen or so black powder rifles over the years, nothing matches this baby.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Blackpowder is very UK legal dogwood...although hunting with them is rare (but not unheard of). We don't have the concept of different seasons for blackpowder, archery etc. as you guys do.

That's a sweet looking rifle :D

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay one for pure "interest" value. Benelli M3 super 90 kromo shotgun. Switchable pump and semi automatic with extended magazine in 7+1 capacity and "poly choke" screw in adaptor

2459456513_f04131d1b5.jpg

2577820792_fd2a050852_o.jpg

About the best fun you can have standing up :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nope, its very much a "section 1" (full firearms certificate) item. I have it because I enjoy shooting it. Generally they are fine if you need one for "practical / action" shotgun - although they are fine for vermin too.

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE