Let’s see your cook kits in use.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
35N93Lb.jpeg

Finally worked out how to upload a picture in a thread.

This was the glowing embers from my cooking on the Lixada stove cooked. I did Haggis and mash with a caramelised onion gravy it was wonderful.

I've found with the heat logs you get a wonderful cooking heat for about an hour and they fit nicely in the Lixada, they're a pain to get started from cold though so if you pour a little bit of meths on the "cut" end of the log it expands and you can light it from there. I've taken to taking these for overnighters as where I go there is little dead wood and at this time of year it's drenched. (4 logs fill 1/3rd of a rocket pouch.)

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
Let’s see some of those cook sets in use.

My Stanley cook set on an old Natit (Esbit) burner making an evening cuppa.
I like the modified handle. How have you hinged the handle to the jubilee clip? Does the tube attached to the jubilee clip have a shoulder on it to prevent it from coming loose? I recently added a wire handle to my Zebra pot using copper ferrules.

SSGN_Doc

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2021
WA, USA
I like the modified handle. How have you hinged the handle to the jubilee clip? Does the tube attached to the jubilee clip have a shoulder on it to prevent it from coming loose? I recently added a wire handle to my Zebra pot using copper ferrules.

I’m using the female ends of Chicago screws. So, yes they have a lip that rests under the holes I drilled in the hose clamp. Then just used coat hanger wire to make the bale.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
And afterwards you can try this.

Because I am outstanding lazy I usually use instant coffee, but I own the GSI mesh coffee filter UL and used it on several tours with colleagues and it works fine.

It fits under a lot of usual gas cartoushes.

Reactions: SSGN_Doc and MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
And afterwards you can try this.

Because I am outstanding lazy I usually use instant coffee, but I own the GSI mesh coffee filter UL and used it on several tours with colleagues and it works fine.

It fits under a lot of usual gas cartoushes.

yeah I use instant as well As I am Lazy, but I do love real coffee, and short of taking a French press everywhere or spending more than I feel comfortable with I haven’t found a good way to make a decent drip coffee in the woods yet!

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I used it only with ROUND mugs though and as I am currently not able to reach it, I unfortunately can't tell you if it clips well on a kidney shaped mug.

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE