Leeches for bait

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Any one tried them ? Just found this cheeky fella inside an old fishing tin on the bank of a river.
b26af43a-900c-201b.jpg

b26af43a-9022-106e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Yip they work but i have only ever caught perch on them ,,but trout are meant to love them ,also catfish

Jason

Feb 9, 2008
Buckinghamshire
I've used leeches in the uk and in france for catfish and have found them to be fantastic...here is a link to all the worms you could want, buy in bulk and its it works out to be quite a cheap. Fantastic service and the quality is excellent.
Tight lines
Lance.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've only ever seen the tiny ones.

The one in the pic is a beauty! Is it a medicinal leech?

We were mooching the river bank, came across an old tin on the shingle. Quick rinse an opened it up....
It was firmly attached to the ochre staining inside. First one I've seen in fast river water .
4e974b4f-6aeb-5b54.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

320ccc

Jan 25, 2012
USA
they are very popular bait here in the states.
especially when trolling.

much more durable than earthworms.
actually i'd guess from their design that plastic worms imitate leeches as often as they do earthworms.
in the water they will flatten and stretch out. their action in the water is great.

to hook one. let the leech attach to your thumb.
slip the barb between him and your thumb hooking him through the mouth.

just about any fish will take a leech.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Weirdly I saw one last friday down by the stream. It was trying to eat a snail that had fallen in the water I think. It was a bit of a wrestling match so the pic is a bit blurred sorry.

leach100812.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE