Leave no trace fail, or shoddy permission?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Don't think it's the same people dude.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'm just going on what you said they had told you.

You are in a better position to judge than I as you met them. But sometimes I would give the benefit of the doubt. Out of interest, keep us posted if you hear any more.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I found a half built shelter of sorts in a wood managed by the local wildlife trust today, I took a few photos and emailed them to the trust, enquiring whether it has permission or not.

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
My bet is it belongs to a couple of bushcrafters/preppers

That's what I thought. It's just a couple of people out enjoying themselves. Probably seen some bushcraft and prepper videos on youtube and decided to give it and go and they have built there own bug out place.

If it belonged to someone with experience then I would have thought it would have been well off the beaten track, so no one would come across the place. Not very good of them to leave saws on site.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Why that location and not somewhere less visible? Was there anything to suggest that you spooked the occupant(s)?

The college where I taught for many years had a densely forested perimeter. Substantial understory of shrubs beneath a pine canopy.
Collecting biology lab specimens over the years, I stumbled across 3 different "summer camps," low profile and practically invisible from 10' away.
Clearly organized for and by an individual, I was discouraged to imagine that those places were "home" to someone.
Breathe in, breathe out, move on.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Nope, no one about or recent tracks or signs, other than badger.
The one you found, was it a series of trenches, covered in places?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
#1 was an A-frame shaped low tent of clear plastic sheet on a cord. Several neatly folded blankets underneath. Cup & plate, bit of mirror hanging from twig.
#2 was a covered enclosure made of freight pallets (no shortage of those in the surrounding light industrial neighborhood.) A masterpiece of camo in a clump of cottonwood trees.
#3 was a low canopy under thick, spreading dwarf ornamental pine trees, right up against a wall of a college building. Learned later that a family lived there.

I didn't poke around, not my stuff. I had other things to do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE