Leatherwork embossing plates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Le Prevo offer a service where for £60 (£45 + £5p&p + VAT) you can get a 4"x5" plate etched for embossing your own leatherwork. This works out at £3 a square inch.

I suggest that if we group together we could get this plate ordered with multiple designs on it. Of course, it would have to be cut up & posted but for under a fiver you could have a custom stamp made

So, for 20 sq.in. we need 20 buyers. Of course, if you want multiple inches that's no problem

Copy & paste & add your name. Once we're up to 20 names we'll start sorting things out.

1. spandit

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
1. spandit
2. Silverhill (will gladly buy more to make up numbers if we fall short of twenty)
3. Mountainm
4. Oakhill_Wanderer
5. MrCairney

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
spandit
2. Silverhill (will gladly buy more to make up numbers if we fall short of twenty)
3. Mountainm
4. Oakhill_Wanderer
5. MrCairney
6. Simon H
7. Bodge
8. richardww

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Filling up nicely! I'd better think of a design I want made. For those who have signed up, please make sure you have a design drawn that you can email to me in a sufficiently high resolution. Once they're all gathered in, I'll make a composite & send it off to them (unless there is a different company someone can recommend)?

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I managed to get on one of these on BB and very pleased with the result. Very crisp lines and a good deep impression if you want to take a clamp to it. (I just stood on this one.) Now epoxied to a block of hardwood. Replaces the one I got from a guy on here a while ago made from a resin type substance...? This is the new one, about 20mm square,

DSCF0972.jpg

and the older one, about 25mm

DSCF2597.jpg

If I didn't have one already I'd jump on this!

cheers,

Alan

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
1. spandit
3. Mountainm
4. Oakhill_Wanderer
5. MrCairney
6. Simon H
7. Bodge
8. richardww
9 Dougster.

Cheers, just thinking about this last night. Need a new one.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Me too!

1. spandit
3. Mountainm
4. Oakhill_Wanderer
5. MrCairney
6. Simon H
7. Bodge
8. richardww
9 Dougster
10. Scoman (tentative)
11. Bucephalas
12. Bilmo

Last edited:

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Count me in

1. spandit
3. Mountainm
4. Oakhill_Wanderer
5. MrCairney
6. Simon H
7. Bodge
8. richardww
9 Dougster.
10. Scoman (tentative)
11. Bucephalas
12. Bilmo
13. Leonidas (+ 3 or 4 more (different sizes / designs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE