Leatherman Surge Pancake Sheath

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

stuarth

Jun 20, 2021
Uk
Good evening everyone,
I am new to the forum, which I am so pleased to have discovere, it’s full of great information. Decided to retire early on the basis of life being too short and my wife and I want to start our big adventure of retirement.
Leather craft has always interested me and now I have some time, I am looking to make a sheath for my Leatherman Surge. I am looking at making a pancake sheath.
i have done some research, but opinions on leather thickness seem to vary? I am looking to wet mould the front cover, so was looking at sat 2.5 - 3mm, however would there be any benefit from using thicker leather for the rear non moulded piece?

Any tips/opinions greatly appreciated

Thank you

Stuart Hopkinson
Ramsbottom
Bury

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum.

i would say 3mm will be fine for the back. if you have something thicker by all means try it but don't worry if you don't.
I would be happy using 3mm all round tbh.

Good luck with the retirement adventure

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.