Leather (at the moot)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Not sure where to put this question. Mod’s feel free to move/delete as necessary:You_Rock_

Will anyone going to the Moot be selling any leather 2-3mm thick, suitable for making sheaths for clippers. I’m looking to buying enough to make two sheaths and a mask for a Gransfor Bruks Small forest axe. I’ve been looking on ebay for months, and all the bits that I find are either not suitable, dyed the wrong colour or too thin or end up too blooming expensive. All I need/can afford is a couple or three square foot of 2-3 mm veg tanned un-dyed or light brown leather. I am willing to pay (cash) the going rate plus something for your troubles, it’s just I cannot afford to buy half a hide at a time nor do I need that much leather.
So is anyone going, that has some leather suitable. :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Le Provo will sell you a length suitable for a belt, but you can ask for any width you want, I did it that way, phone them, they're pretty helpful

Stephen
I tried that last year and was told that 4 1/2 inch x48 inch was the widest they would do, which was not alot of use to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE